Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hello :)

Eurgh today the weather is awful. I went to uni this morning, then walked into the Town Centre only to return home feeling windswept and short of breath. I must sound like a right old granny.

Anyway, this is going to be a long post, as me being me, has not had time to think, let alone fit in a post these last few days. As I said in the previous post, I've had a rough week, feeling down, unwell, lonely and haunted by money worries, so you can imagine my mood being literally lifted when I arrived home to discover my £100 Topshop voucher had FINALLY arrived! ( For those who don't know, I won this on Twitter with Grazia_Live!)
Needless to say, I made time to eat, then rushed Dan off to the shops with me to make my purchases.
I had saved so much in my wish list online, completely forgetting the fact that gift cards were only for use in store. Silly me. I have worked for the company for nearly 4 years, and was stupid enough to ignore this. Lol.

I got some lovely things though. This beautiful granddad style chunky cardigan I am wearing here. (sorry about the crap photo, taken on my phone in a rush this morning.) Its so cosy and perfect for winter.
This BEAUTIFUL tunic style blouse in my favourite colour at the moment. I think this is going to be part of my Christmas day outfit! To be worn with some leggings and heels, and possibly my biker jacket that mummy has hidden away! Its a lovely chiffon style crinkle fabric, but being sheer, I will need to think wisely about what is to be worn underneath!

Also, I got these beauties in the sale. I've been after them for a while, and when I saw the last pair, in my size in my local Miss Selfridge I had to snap them up. (The Topshop gift card can also be used in other Arcadia stores!). I also got a lace crop top from Miss Selfridge, but I am unsure about it, so it may be going back.

Those are my lovely new clothes, courtesy of Grazia magazine. It was so nice to be able to treat myself to exactly what I wanted, and not have to worry about being penniless for a few moments!


Now, onto my uni work. (Told you this was going to be a big post). This is my Digital Fashion Illustration work. Here are a few of my final illustrations. Please do not take any of these without asking! The designs are by a Fashion Design graduate, which were shown at graduate fashion week. I then took the photos of his collection and illustrated them using a mix of traditional and digital techniques, by hand and in Photoshop. I'm pretty please with them! Only a couple more to do now!








For the rest of my work, on model Pat Cleveland, is starting to come together. I managed to get hold of a copy of her book, which took me forever to find online, and didn't come cheap! I've got a good idea what I'm doing for my final 3D piece, and I'm excited to get started on it now. I will take some snaps of my sketchbook pages at some point in the next few days to show you what I've been up to!

Now I'm off to reply to all your lovely comments, and relax with a brew and a free sample of Kitkat senses I got in town this morning. I heart freebies!

Back tomorrow!
xox

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I adore those white pointy shoes you showed!!! HAWTNESS
    And high five for grampa sweaters. i wear em all the time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a lovely dress!I like the shoes 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoreee all your purchases, congrats again on winning :) I'm mega jealous!

    And WOW, such great designs! You'rve very talented x

    I just wanted to let you know about a competition I'm holding on my blog at the moment, where 3 people and their chosen guest will win a VIP night out with me at a top nightclub in Soho (a fave club of Kate Moss, Lady Gaga, Agyness Deyn and more!)

    There'll be a clothes swapping party, free drinks, free gifts, a stylist, and lots of surprises throughout the night.

    For more info visit my blog. I hope you enter :) I'd love you to come!

    ♥ Hannah

    ((LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey :) sorry about the lack of crediting, i've quickly resolved that for you :) also i love that cardigan! x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig