Tuesday, November 23, 2010

NOT JUST VINTAGE UK - ANOTHER VINTAGE FAIR

Hello everybody! First of all, apologies for the lack of activity on here and Twitter. I've been working really hard on a brief at uni, and the deadline was yesterday morning. Add this to three other projects including a live fashion event, plus a dissertation to start writing, and there isn't much time for anything else!

Secondly, I have decided to extend the giveaway for a few more days! If you haven't entered already, please do. There are lors of things up for grabs including gorgeous jewellery and clothing! It will now close on Friday 26th at midnight GMT.

Now, onto the actual post! You may remember me writing this post a couple of months back on a lovely little vintage fair I went to where I live. Well these vintage fairs have now become a regular occurrence, and I decided to go to the last one, which was held in a lovely pub by the local park just over a week ago.
The fairs are run by Not Just Vintage UK, and always have a huge mix of clothes and jewellery from some great sellers and designers. I've taken some photos of a few of the stalls so you can see what sort of stuff is on offer.

This was the first stall that greeted me upon entering the fair, by a company called 'SeaJules'. SeaJules make jewellery from stones, shells and driftwood found at the beach. Everything found is used in its natural state to create some really unique pieces.

Next up was this gorgeous cupcake stall courtesy of Love The Cupcake. Everything looked oh so scrummy, and there were lots of varieties including red velvet cakes and chocolate flavoured sponge. Love The Cupcake are also on Facebook!

The next stall that caught my eye, was a jewellery collection by a lovely lady named Anne, called 'Dolly Blue'. Everything you see is handmade by herself. She was such an interesting person to talk to and gave me lots of inspiration for my work. One thing I admire about her is that she doesn't have a computer, doesn't have a mobile phone and handwrites all her business cards and labels. I thought this was lovely, as it suited her and her jewellery perfectly, because everything was done by hand or by traditional methods. I bought some vintage style french postcards from Anne to use in my work, which I will be posting about in the next couple of weeks hopefully!

The first clothing stall I looked at was called 'To The Tower' whose flyer reads "To The Tower offers the finest in women's vintage clothing from the 1930s - 80s, with a particular focus on the mid century styles: think femme fatale, sweet feminine day dresses, and Mad Men chic!"
They had a lovely collection of clothes and accessories, including some adorable button hair pins.

Another gorgeous stall was 'Imogen's Powder Room' which belongs to the lovely Amanda who organises the fairs. This was a favourite of mine at the last fair, so I knew I definitely wanted to check this one out again. I managed to find a lovely paisley skirt that I have used for my uni work on a shoot, but I plan to take it up slightly and keep it for myself. Watch out for this in an outfit post in the near future!

Finally, two companies you may of heard of on my blog were also there. Laura Loves Boutique and Tallulah Rose had a lovely little jewellery stall, full of their handmade vintage inspired jewellery. Their stall looked so pretty with the dressing table mirror and cake stands. If you like the look of the jewellery on this stall, make sure you enter the giveaway as Laura Loves and Tallulah Rose have both donated some lovely pieces to the prize!

I wish I had more money with me as there was so much that caught my eye but I just couldn't afford to spend a lot!
If you like the look of the Not Just Vintage fairs and live in the North West area, why not visit their Christmas Vintage Fair on Sunday December 5th at The Continental Pub, Preston!?

Check back later on tonight for some more info on another up and coming Vintage fair in Chester!
xox
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. ooh look at all those things to buy.... and those cupcakes look yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Them cupcakes look gorgeous! Dolly Blue seems to have some really nice, different stuff as well.
    Might try and make the Christmas fair, never been to preston though, not sure how to get there (I'm from Rochdale)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing fair! I love a good rummage :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had things like this near me! This looks amazing - so many nice things in one place.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig