Monday, April 18, 2016

OLE HENRIKSEN TRUTH SUGAR GLOW POLISHING MASK | REVIEW


Every now and then I discover a wonder product; an item that impresses me from the get go and becomes a firm favourite in my beauty routine, and I think I may have found my new obsession! The Ole Henriksen Truth Sugar Glow Polishing Mask from the Debenhams Beauty range has earned a coveted spot in my skincare regime, and I think it's going to be sticking around for a long time. I've never tried anything from the Ole Henriksen range before, but I've heard great things about the brand and their premium skincare products, so when I heard about this citrusy sugar scrub that promises to cleanse, smooth and brighten the skin, I knew it was going to be right up my street!

To use the mask you simply apply it to clean, damp skin as you would with other mask products, then leave it to work it's magic for 10 - 15 minutes. I must admit, I've never used a mask in scrub form before, so the urge to massage it straight in to my skin and scrub away at my blemishes is tempting, but I leave it be and enjoy the lovely citrus scent that lingers. I'm a huge lover of the Origins GinZing moisturiser, which this reminds me of in terms of scent and how it perks up your senses.

After 10 - 15 minutes, it's then time to massage the scrub in to the skin for a good 30 seconds or so, before rinsing of with warm water. The scrub itself is gentle and all natural, with sugar and pomegranate seeds making the texture just right for polishing and deep cleansing the skin without causing any irritation (something I'm always wary of, having fairly sensitive, pigmented skin). I love the end result this product gives, leaving my skin brightened and bouncy, squeaky clean and smelling fresh. It lifts the complexion and smooths the texture, perfect for an early morning boost!



As you can tell from all the gushing, I've completely obsessed with this mask and how well it has got on with my usually fussy skin. I love it so much that I'm using it a few times a week when my skin needs a perk, whether that's whilst having an early morning shower, leaving the product on my face whilst I wash my hair, or in the evenings after a long day commuting when my pores feel clogged or my skin is dull and tired. 

Have you tried this product yet? What are your views on sugar scrubs and face masks?

Claire x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig