Thursday, May 26, 2016

AL FRESCO LIVING WITH HOMESENSE

With the sporadic sunshine we've been having (in between all the usual rain showers and grey skies) over the past few weeks, I've been spending more time in our garden, albeit just to get the place looking nice! We've never had our own garden until now, as the flat we used to live in didn't have any grounds other than a car park, and it's something we really missed having moved from my parents house where there's lots of outdoor space. We only moved in back in October and the weather hasn't really been great until recently, so we've spent (I say we, I really mean Dan) the last couple weeks digging up weeds, planting some pretty flowers and planning what we should do with the space.

I can't wait to get outdoors and do some entertaining in the sunshine, so where better to look for inspiration than my go-to homeware store, Homesense!? They've got oodles of pretty garden accessories, with everything from patio furniture and picnic sets, to garden tools and pretty plant pots, perfect if you're planning on spending the Bank Holiday outside!!
I've been drooling over all of their pastel pieces you can see above, plus their selection of Middle Eastern inspired bowls, cushions and accessories which are just perfection in the Summer time, but what really caught my eye in store was the cute selection of pots and garden accessories. So much so that I just had to pick up a couple of pieces to dress up our garden a little more!
I got this adorable pink and blue planter for just £12.99, which is now sitting proudly on our wall by the kitchen door. I've filled it with some of my favourite herbs to cook with; rosemary, thyme and parsley, and love having them to hand for when I'm getting creative in the kitchen. The colours also look great against the red brick wall and (if I've planted them properly...) I'm hoping the herbs will continue to grow for a long time!


To match, I also picked up this sweet little bird house in the same shade of blue. We seem to get a lot of little birds in the garden at the moment, so I thought this would be a nice addition and hopefully someone will make it their home soon! 

Once we've got the garden in to shape with some patio furniture and some more plants, I'll give you a sneak peek on the blog! 

What are your plans for this Bank Holiday weekend? Will you be picking up any of your Summer garden accessories from Homesense?

Claire x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig