Saturday, January 14, 2017

FRILL SEEKER

Every once in a while there's an item that grabs my attention so much that I just have to have it, and this Lost Ink dress was definitely one of those pieces! I'd been trawling the ASOS sale for much longer than acceptable and stumbled across this beautiful floaty number from one of my most favourite brands that I've recently discovered. Lost Ink seems to embody everything I love when it comes to fits, shapes, colours and details, and has become a firm favourite of mine in the past few months.



The dress is a girly dream yet it still has a cool vibe and a monochrome colour palette that makes it feel older and much more wearable than others I've seen in this style lately. The print, on first glance, looks like a generic floral design, but if you look closely you'll see a mixture of mushrooms and even teapots! I'm also obsessed with the design detail - not only does the frill detail go across the chest, but it also continues round the back and across the arms which gives the most amazing silhouette.


I wore this look on Boxing Day and it was just the right mix of informal and dressed up for our little family get-together, plus I've also worn it for work as it feels smart yet stylish without being over-the-top. Winning!


I've styled it here with a simple combo of my dreamy H&M boots, black opaque tights (because omg its cold) and a thin black choker, and personally I think that's all it needs. The dress can do all the talking! I know I'll be wearing this through the summer months too with bare legs and ankle boots, and on holiday in the evenings with some lovely lace up sandals.


Boots - H&M
Choker - Primark

SHOP THE LOOK



Have you bought anything from Lost Ink recently or spotted any other pieces that you think I would love?

 C x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. LOVE this dress. And you can pull off a choker way better than I can xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig