Sunday, June 05, 2011

MONKEE GENES

Recently I was contacted by a university friend working at Monkee Genes, asking if I would like a pair of their jeans to review on my blog. As some of you may know, I am on the quest to find the perfect pair of jeans, as being long bodied with short legs, I struggle to find pairs that fit me properly, so I snapped up the chance in the hope of finding a pair better than my camel ones that are so far, the best I have come across!
Monkee Genes are known for creating high quality unisex jeans in an ethical way, using organic cotton. They don't use slave or child labour in the production of their products, hence their slogan - No Blood, No Sweat, No Tears.
I opted for a pair of their skin fit jeans in the colour plum. The colour stood out to me as something a little different, but I can see it working with both a summer and a winter wardrobe. These are more of a jegging like fit, being skin tight and made of a lightweight cotton for extra comfort.
Hat - Primark
Tassel Top - Primark
Camisole (worn underneath) - Dorothy Perkins
Jeans - c/o Monkee Genes
Shoes - Primark
Necklace - Forever 21
Nails - Pink Flamingo by Barry M

I love, love, LOVE the fit. They are like a second skin and are so comfortable. I've had them on all day so far and they have been a dream to wear. The only thing I would have preferred is something with a higher waist, but that's only a little niggle for me and I can see past that! Besides, these are designed to be low rise, so I can deal with it.

I'm already planning on wearing these to the airport for when we fly to Greece in August as they are so easy and comfy to wear, and the lightweight fabric means they won't be too hot in warm weather.

If you like the look of Monkee Genes, then head on over to the website where you can get £5 off with the code FBDISCSHIP11. Go on, treat yourself!
I've already got my eye on a slate coloured pair too!

xox

PS. I completely forgot to post my Sigma brush review last night. I'll get it up at some point this week!
PPS. The giveaway ends tonight at midnight!
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. cute outfit xxx
    http://allthingsprettyandsparkly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same Primark top and I had no idea to wear it but this outfit looks great, love the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh they're such a gorgeous colour! I've wanted some monkee jeans for years but never got round to buying any!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love them jeans, outfit looks ready for a festival :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jeans are such a lovely colour! Really different but still really cute, especially put together into that outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i flippin LOVE ur necklace .. gotta get me some forever 21!!

    fab top too hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nearly bought that tassel top today.. I wish I had now I've seen how lovely it looks on you! Those jeans are a great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour of the jeans - they look like a fab fit too! I will take a look over at their website! :)

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colour of those jeans is gorgeous! You're such a beautiful girl:) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They really are such a gorgeous colour!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That top is SO nice, wasn't too sure about how to wear a fringed top but I think I'll give it a go now. Love the jeans too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those jeans are gorgeous! Love them on you, and such a great colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5/6/11 21:42

    They're such a lovely colour!X

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous jeans! i never really thought i could rock purple jeans, but those look great x
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the jeans so much! Have never considered dark purple but really want some now!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love the colour of these jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The fit looks amazing and such a nice colour as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're gorgeous and I LOVE your style!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, and these "Genes" are awesome!! I'll def have to check out that brand...hopefully they ship to the states!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous8/6/11 23:34

    They look not only a great fit but an amazing colour!
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVING THE COLOR OF THOSE SKINNIES!!! The top and the hat paired with it is awesome! Loving this look, loving your blog! Follow each other?

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig