Wednesday, September 28, 2011

HOLLY & FEARNE FOR VERY

You may remember a while back I posted about the Very Autumn/Winter collections here. Well, now there have been some gorgeous mid season additions to the collections, so I thought I would show you some of my favourite pieces from the Fearne Cotton and Holly Willoughby ranges.

First up is the Fearne Cotton collection. I loved the last range, and for me this is even better. I love Fearne's style anyway, and I think it translates really well into this collection. I know Fearne has been spotted wearing her own pieces in the past, which shows these are exactly the kind of things she likes to wear. I love the glamourous dresses in this range, each with a quirky twist, such as the dipped hems, or the sequin detailing, each perfect for a Christmas party or special occasion. I also love the tuxedo jacket. Perfect with a bouse, skinny jeans and heels for an androgynous feel.


Left to right: 

Now onto the Holly Willoughby range. Again, this collection oozes Holly and every piece is typical of her own personal style. This range has more colour than Fearne's and has a more mature feel to it. It definitely has a 'yummy mummy' sense to it and I could see her wearing any of these dresses on television. There are some pieces that have a nod to Fearne's black, glamourous dresses, what with the studs and sequin detail, but these have a much more girly feel and are more subtle and grown up. I love the addition of the Autumnal floral prints that could easily be dressed down for daytime wear.





Left to right:

I love both collections, but as before I think Fearne's has the edge, purely because I would wear more of her pieces than I would Holly's. I'm even contemplating buying the Tuxedo Jacket to wear over floral dress and tights, or high waisted blue jeans and pretty blouses for a clash of masculine and feminine. I'd roll the sleeves up for a more relaxed look and throw it on instead of a coat.

What are your favourite pieces from the new collections? Whose range do you prefer?

Don't forget to enter the WendyHouse giveaway in the previous post!



SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Anonymous28/9/11 11:37

    YES I have been umm-ing and ahh-ing over the tuxedo jacket for a while. Might just go for it rather than leave it and regret it later! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tuxedo jacket is absolutely stunning, definitely very fearne! may have to treat myself with a cheeky purchase from my student loan! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Fern's collection! Gorgeous as always! Love Holly's too.. a teeny bit mumsy for me, but would be lovely on someone else.

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a girl crush on Fearne, hence me probably loving anything she designs anyway, but I have to say I'd love her pieces even if they were created by someone else! The dipped hem dress is probably my fave, not sure I could pull off the long tuxedo although it does stand out as a cult piece methinks! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly and Fearne's ranges are always my favourites, especially Fearnes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually adore Fearnes collection in Very! Its amazing! Havent really shopped Hollys collection yet.

    Zena
    www.zenakhan.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love Fearne's range, especially the fishtail sequin dress. I'm not so sure about Holly's, but the velvet dress is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig