Friday, October 07, 2011

ROOM TOUR

I was planning on doing an outfit post today, but my room needed tidying, so as a motivation to get off my backside and get it done was to take some photos for a room tour! I'm not going to go into detail and explain every little bit as everything is pretty self explanatory. I decorated it a couple of years ago now for for birthday (and student loan, ha), and posted about it here when it was finished. I've accumulated a hell of a lot of stuff in two years so it isn't quite as spacious as it was! I love the colour teal, and I know that blues are meant to be calming, so I thought the combination of the two would be great for walls, but as the teal was quite dark, I wanted white furniture to counteract that. I'm lucky to have a fairly large room with a huge window so I get plenty of light. As you all know I'm a big fan of all things vintage and shabby chic, which comes across in the way I've dressed the room. I want a career in home styling eventually as I love interior design, and I think I'm quite good at it if I do say so myself! Oh, and the wardrobe collapsed so now I have a rail. Oops! 










There you have it! As you can see, I have a lot of stuff! Some of it is Dan's too as he spends a lot of time here, so that doesn't make me feel so bad. If you want to know where anything is from just comment on this post and I will reply with the deets! 
Let me know if you do a post like this. I love noseying at people's rooms! 




SHARE:

33 comments

  1. your room is just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always dead interesting prying in people's rooms haha. I love your bed and the cute little bunting on it. And your bedside table is lush! Also, big love to the iMac :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how i'd have my room if it was big enough. I LOVE open wadrobes... your's makes me very envious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your room! Also where did you get your desktop wallpaper from on your computer? I love sayings like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kirtsy! Here's a link to the wallpaper - http://nicoli80.deviantart.com/art/A-Novel-Reason-122815807

    You can find loads on there! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your room is so nice! Love it! I have a teal wall in my room too - I love that colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is gorgeous - and huge!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've done up your room! It's quite similar to mine except I have pale pink wallpaper :) I like having all my clothes on rails like yours though, I feel like it brightens everything up a bit, you know?

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, this looks lush! Love your bed!!

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room is so lovely , I love all the little teal bits ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so jealous of all your knickknacks! And your bed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your room is beautiful lovey! The colour is great, calming and bright :) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad p.s. I've got a rail too (well, more than one) I like having my clothes out and about, makes them into a feature!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8/10/11 13:32

    beautiful room!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loveee your room! Gorgeous gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your room looks amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9/10/11 09:22

    I love your room and I think the rail makes it unique instead of the typical wardrobe!

    Sarah
    http://thelivescene.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW This is incredible. Seriously. Style my room? I think you could be a great interior designer
    It would be mine

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely space Claire! Love the giant Mac on your desk and the cute features/accessories around it. Also love the clothing rail-if I had the space in my room and not the wardrobe, I'd do that! Thanks for sharing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely room! looks so full but cosey. i love posts like this.

    www.gembear.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for the nosey room post! I love how you've decorated it, particularly the cushion arrangement on the bed :)
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  21. your room is lovely!! where did you get your bunting?:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Anon
    The bunting is from a little shop called Mcmillans in Preston :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your room is AMAZING! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a pretty room. I love the girlyness! It's basically my perfect bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the look of your room! So cute :)

    CJW

    http://simpleandtothepoint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. your room is so beauiful!I just wanna come home to it!! i wish mine could look like this- but try as i might it always ends up a complete mess. i would love to say you are my inspiration but i know i could never put together such a lovely room! Thanks for this though!xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous25/6/12 12:31

    what a amazing room.
    I like the color from the wall. <3

    www.wildheartwithblood.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  28. amazingly cute and comfort,i like your little decorations

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous23/6/13 21:20

    Where did you get the bed frame??

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous24/7/13 23:21

    Ohhhh... I love your room!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really love your room! That's a cute bedroom i've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig