Monday, January 02, 2012

ANGELIC

Yesterday we celebrated the New Year by going to my sister's house for a buffet and a night of quizzes which was really fun, even if I did get a little too competitive! Just thought I would show you what I wore for the occassion. I spotted this dress in H&M last week, just before I had to dash home with stomach pains when I got ill. My brother gave me a voucher for Christmas and I snapped this up for a measly £10! I'm not sure what the original price was as the tag had been removed, but I'm sure it must have been quite a big reduction. Its a gorgeous shape that the pictures don't do justice. It skims over any lumps and bumps and has floaty angel-like sleeves. I love the cut out detail at the neckline, and you may not be able to see in the pictures but there are tiny beads dotted between the holes in the design. The only problem is how sheer it is, even with a lining. I had to wear a camisole underneath and I only had a black one so it looks a little odd. Really need to invest in a slip, preferably something strapless, to make this look its best.
Dress - H&M
Tights - Primark
Boots - Topshop
Ring - JWLRY
Lips - Viva Glam Gaga by MAC

I'm also wearing a new eyeliner I got the other day. It's the new Barry M Wink one in the pink packaging. I've had to practise a million times to apply it as its so different to what I'm used to. I normally use the ones with a bendy foam tip or a fine brush, but this is like a marker pen so feels a bit strange to apply. I loved the finish when I got the hang of it, but when I got home after about 4 hours, it had faded alot and the flicks were almost non existent. I'll give it another try soon and see what happens though. Has anyone else tried it?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love the dress! And awww, I love quiz nights with my boyfriend's family - we played Family Fortunes on NYE, haha!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dress, & the lip colour is gorgeous on you!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used the pen type of eye liners, Ive used Collection 2000 liquid liner for 6 years now! EEK. I cannot put it down, every day I wear it. I think I will need to move on.. eventually..

    xxx

    www.inordinatelyplush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig