Thursday, September 02, 2010

STYLE CRUSH: FLORENCE WELCH

Hello all! Here is the latest Style Crush post, featuring Florence Welch. I've chosen this look as I think it is very typical of her and, me being me, I love all the vintage inspired pieces she wears. This look is probably like Marmite. You will either love it or hate it. I am in the 'Love' half of the audience and I think she pulls it off brilliantly. The only thing that I'm not too keen on is her hair. I normally love her red flowing locks, but this to me personally is a little too orange, and the style is very ageing on her. However that's not we're here to admire, so onto the outfit!

Florence And The Machine lead singer Florence Welch drinks a smoothie as she goes for a walk on July 28, 2010 in Auckland, New Zealand (photo by Andrew951 / Meet The Famous) Photo via Newscom

Florence And The Machine lead singer Florence Welch drinks a smoothie as she goes for a walk on July 28, 2010 in Auckland, New Zealand (photo by Andrew951 / Meet The Famous) Photo via Newscom
I really like the clashing prints of paisley and vintage check, and the attention to detail. Such as the lace trim of the skirt, the suspender tights and the trilby hat. Everything just seems to work in a weird way.

Here is my take on the outfit. I couldn't find a suitable printed cardigan that I felt resembles Florence's, so I've gone for a simple shrug in a similar shade.


The items pictured were found at Topshop, New Look, Urban Outfitters, Rokit, Miss Selfridge and Topman.
Hope you like my version!
What do you think of Florence's style?

I'll be back tomorrow with some photos from a recent shoot I styled.
Hope you're all having a lovely week!
xox
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. yay thanks for doing this post i love it!
    i think i was one of the ones who requested it
    i love her use of vintage pieces too
    the urban outfitters boots are lovely
    belle xxx
    ellabellevintage.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit on Florence, she pulls it off like no one else could!

    Your version is lovely, really like the boots and dress :)

    Grace x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig