Wednesday, January 29, 2014

JO MALONE POMEGRANATE NOIR COLOGNE

Until a few months ago I was what you'd probably call a Jo Malone virgin, having seen so many reviews and heard good things, but a the time I couldn't really justify spending so much on a perfume to just 'try out' when I already had so many others to choose from. a friend of mine wore hers (Blue Agava and Cacao) pretty much every day and I was obsessed with the scent. When she left the country to go back home in Belgium, she was super kind and insisted I took her bottle. How could I say no?! Since then I've been pretty much hooked, and have a list of the Jo Malone colognes as long as my arm that I'd love to own. I was a very lucky lady this Christmas as Dan treated me to a bottle of the one that was top of my list, Pomegranate Noir.
Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Cologne 100ml - £78.00 at John Lewis

This scent has been my go to perfume since opening it on Christmas Day as it is honestly one of the nicest perfumes, if not the nicest that I have smelt/owned. I'm awful at describing scents as you know, so I'll give you the proper low down from the Jo Malone site:

'The sensuality of a daring red dress. Ruby-rich juices of pomegranate, raspberry and plum are spiked with pink pepper and laced with Casablanca lily and spicy woods. A dark and enigmatic fragrance'

Pretty much bang on if you ask me! It's very sensual and spicy which isn't something I would usually go for. I tend to sway towards the light, floral perfumes such as Daisy, Chance and Miss Dior, but this has a really pleasant, memorable scent to it that I love. It's kind of fruity, and a little bit floral, but it has a real grown up, sophisticated feel to it. I think it's designed more for evening wear, but I love to spray this during the day too as it's still very light and I gues syou could say fresh, too. I think what I'm trying to say is that it's deep yet really wearable. I've had so many compliments on it too, so I know it's a winner!

Next on my list is the lovely, fruity Nectarine Blossom and Honey, a gorgeous citrus fragrance that would be perfect for the summer months.

Have you tried Jo Malone fragrances? Which is your favourite?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never tried anything Jo Malone and I feel like I'm really missing out, everyone raves about her stuff!

    Jade

    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been wanting to dip my toe into the Jo Malone pool for a while and this scent sounds amazing.

    Might just have to go for it this weekend.

    Thanks for the review poppet :)

    Tabi
    www.girlblogsetc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig