Monday, May 19, 2014

AN INTERVIEW WITH NICA KIM


Yesterday Dan and I took my mum out for a birthday lunch in the sunshine, so I got a little dressed up for the occasion in my amazing new floor length Primark Kimono. I also took along my lovely new Nica tote bag from the current collection, which I am obsessed with! It has some really nice laser cut detail to the front panel, and you can just see the gorgeous lime colour of the inner bag peeking through. It's smart enough to take to work, yet the subtle pop of colour adds a playful edge, something that I love about all Nica bags.
I was lucky enough to send over some questions to Nica Kim herself, the head designer of the Nica brand, so today I'm going to share the little interview with you all, as well as an exclusive discount code at the end of the post! I really wanted to get a feel for what inspires Nica's designs and her thought process behind her work, as well as her personality and style, and I really love her answers. She comes across as being so down to earth and relatable, like you are chatting away to an old friend...

Me: What were your inspirations for the Spring/Summer collection?
Nica: Anything can influence my designs but mainly travel. One place that particularly inspired me whilst creating this collection was a trip to Frigiliana in Spain. It’s a beautiful mountainous town that’s just so colourful and filled with lots of amazing ceramics. It was such an inspiring place!

Me: Which design is your favourite from the current range?
Nica: I like the April tote because it’s a new shape for us, and newness is always exciting.

Me: When working on your designs, do you have a particular person in mind who you envisage wearing them?
Nica: I never design with a celebrity in mind, it’s more for the girl next door… People that I see on the streets.    

Me: How would you describe your own personal style?
Nica: I don’t follow trends, I like to mix up my outfits. At the moment I love denim!

Me: What are you looking forward to most this summer?
Nica: Going on holiday and relaxing. I’m hoping to visit Croatia.


Me: What’s your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
Nica: I like going for long walks in the countryside, visiting markets, or simply just staying at home and watching a good film as to relax.


Me: What can we expect from the brand for AW14? 
Nica: For AW14, we’re taking a new and exciting turn. The focus is on innovative, intricate detailing, and the designs aim to tell a story.





Kimono - Primark
Camisole - F&F
Jeans - Joni by Topshop
Bag - April Tote by Nica*
Shoes - River Island

It was so lovely to get the chance to ask Nica Kim some questions about her work, so a huge thank you to her for taking the time out to answer them! What's more, I've been given a 15% off discount code to pass on to all of you lovely readers, so you can treat yourself to something from the new collection over at the Nica website! Simply enter the code SittingPretty15 at the checkout to claim your discount. Don't forget to let me know which items you choose!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig