Sunday, June 29, 2014

FLOWER POWER

Hooray! The lovely weather is back (for now at least) after a dull and cloudy week in Preston. Waking up to a sunny Sunday was the perfect excuse to don my new floral kimono from Rare London, and prance about in the sunshine. Dan and I headed off to the Trafford Centre this morning for a spot of shopping and a bite to eat (Five Guys. One word: Nom.) then back home to shoot some photos in the sun before a lazy afternoon. I wore my kimono over a simple outfit of black ripped skinnies and a loose fitting cami. That's one of the things I love about printed kimonos - you can wear the most basic outfit underneath it and it still looks like you've made an effort!







Kimono - Rare London*
Camisole - Mango
Ripped Jeans - ASOS
Sandals - Clarks

I'm not usually in to fringing on kimonos but there's something about this one that I love. I think it's because it's so subtle as the black fringe matches nicely with the black background of the print, so it doesn't stand out too much. I wish I was going away on holiday this year as this would make the most perfect beach cover up by day, and would look gorgeous with a bandeau and high waisted denim cut off shorts for an evening look on a balmy summer night!

How do you style kimonos?

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That kimono is amazing! I've been looking for a really long one! Love the print and how you've worn it with a very simple outfit to keep it statement and key!

    CAT xo

    What Cat Says | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I htink the fringe works well with the rest of the print so it doesn't stand out too much. Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig