Wednesday, August 08, 2012

DISCO PANT DUPES

Hoorah! I finally got my hands on some Disco Pants! These aren't the original American Apparel ones, but a pretty good alternative from Glamorous. I actually got mine from a seller on ASOS Marketplace, as they were out of stock in my size on the Glamorous size when I went to order them. They have since been restocked in this particular colour though! I'm completely in love with them as everyone else who has bought them is! The fit is perfect, they suck you in and are surprisingly flattering. I was worried about a number of things, but when I first tried these on in a shop near where I live a couple of weeks ago (I was penniless at the time) I knew I had to buy them sooner or later.  Everything I was worried about (too tight, too clingy, show all the bumps, too erm...revealing ahem) was just that, a worry and nothing more. They skim over everything and create a smooth, toned silhouette, much like a second skin, but better. I'm hoping to get my hands on an American Apparel pair for my birthday next month in black, but may end up getting the glamorous ones in charcoal and pewter as I don't think I can wait that long!


Tiger Vest - Topshop
Bandeau (worn underneath) - New Look
Disco Pants - Glamorous via ASOS Marketplace
Converse - Zalando*
Lips - Lady Danger by MAC
Nails - Sweet Kisses by 17 + Disco Ball by Rimmel

Another new addition to my wardrobe is the black Converse All Stars. I've wanted them for so long, and when Zalando asked me to choose an item from their site, I had to go for them. They arrived super quickly and I'm so happy with them. I did want them in white but sadly they were out of stock. I'm glad I got the black though as they will be good for work and will go with so many things! They are so comfy and I plan on getting the white ones for my birthday along with AA Disco Pants! 

In other news, I am now selling advertising space on my blog to fellow bloggers and small businesses, so please take a look at the Advertising page for more details. Rates are low and on a monthly basis, starting any time. Get in touch if you're interested!

SHARE:

27 comments

  1. These disco pant dupes are such a gorgeous colour - I've been umming and ahhing over getting a more affordable alternative to the American Apparel version, but am so undecided - good to know these are a good substitute, though!
    Loving your converses, too, and I'm sure the white will look great with black disco pants xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they easily crease? I neeeed some, and i'm so happy that they're dupes because i can't afford AA prices at all:(

    please take a look, www.happyrebekah.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not that I've noticed! Had them on all day and no creasing as of yet! x

      Delete
  3. You look amazing! Love it & your hair x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely amazing, I'm loving how light your hair colour is right now :) You going any lighter? And congrats on getting to 1000 followers, been looking past few days to see if you make it! You totally deserve it :) xx

    http://daintydesires.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so nice of you :)

      And yes, I'm gradually going lighter every time I go to get it done, but I'm pretty happy with the shade now so probably won't take it much lighter!
      x

      Delete
  5. Those Disco pants look amazing, love the tee too! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh these look amazing on you, you really really suit them - and your hair looks awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this colour too and I love them, I just wish the black ones were as black as the AA ones! These look amazing on you!

    http://heather-studsandlace.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunningness! You look a pure beaut. The hair, the disco pants with the casual tee & trainers BABE!!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great look on you and your disco pants are lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh I want some disco pants so bad, these dark blue ones look fab on you! This is a very different outfit from what we usually see you wear but you pull it off so well! :)

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, your hair looks amazing styled like this and secondly those 'disco pants' look stunning on you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg those pants are amazing <3 love this outfit! your nails look beautiful

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love the Disco pants from Glamorous, I really need to get a pair!
    They look great on you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had my eye on these disco pants dupes - I LOVE the colour! Any tips size-wise!? Are they true to size?

    xx Aishling

    http://lestage2012.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweet! I'm normally an 8-10 in bottoms so I went for a 10 to be on the safe side and they fit me fine. If you're in between sizes I'd go up to the larger of the two, otherwise I'd stick to what you normally get! x

      Delete
  15. I've been thinking about buying a pair of Converse's - they really do look great with everything. Fab outfit - love the dupes!


    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous5/9/12 12:36

    You look amazing. Just wondering what the material is like in comparison to the AA's? I've heard they are thinner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never felt the AA ones but I believe they are much thicker than these. The Glamorous ones are slightly thicker than a jersey legging but a lot more durable! x

      Delete
  17. Anonymous13/9/12 18:37

    Thank you so much for saving me from attempting to bid on ebay for some disco pants! I decided to utilise google and found your blog, which was an absolute blessing and am definitely going to follow :)
    I noticed you said you are a fashion styling graduate, what uni did you study at if I can ask? I'm currently taking a foundation year but was looking to do a fashion styling course after :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help! I studied at UCLAN in Preston :) x

      Delete
  18. Wow, I just love.. u are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look awesome!! Dear I have bigger legs than you, do you think I could look good in those pants?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing disco pants!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig