Saturday, June 14, 2014

MAY BEAUTY FAVOURITES

I know I'm a bit late to the party this month (pretty much a whole two weeks late to be exact!) but better late than never, right? This month I've been trying out so many new things and have loved almost everything, so I've got plenty of lovely things to show you. It's a real good mix of make up, body and nail products, so let's get stuck right in!

Mac Cream Colour Base in Fantastic Plastic - I can't find this on the Mac site so I'm not sure if this was part of a special line or has been discontinued, but it's beautiful nonetheless! My friend gave me this as she never wears it, and I'm so glad she passed it over to me. It's a gorgeous pale pink frosted colour that is, I believe, designed to be an eyeshadow base or blusher, but I use it as a highlighter on the top of my cheeks. It's a lovely creamy consistency and it's got me sold on Cream Colour Bases. I need more now!
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Mont Blanc - I don't really need to say much about this foundation, as everyone knows how raved about it is. I've recently done an in depth review on this, so if you want the lowdown then head over to this post!
The Body Shop Lightening Touch Highlighter - This is a gorgeous highlighter that I use on the brow bone and inner corners of my eyes for a brightening pop! It's really easy to use with the brush applicator and twisty bullet, similar to YSL's Touche Eclat. It's quite a sheer but creamy consistency, and a little goes a long way.
The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Reviver - This is one of my favourite products that I've discovered over the past month or so. I've used a couple of the Vitamin C products from The Body Shop in the past, but never noticed this one. I use this after moisturising, as it acts as a make up primer. It smells gorgeous, leaves the skin feeling silky smooth and keeps my make up in place all day!
Jessica Nail Polish in Sensual - This is an old favourite of mine and has appeared in many a blog post since last summer. As soon as the sun started to show it's face, I dug this one out! It's still in good condition and hasn't dried up or gone gloopy like I thought it might have, and the colour is just as beautiful as I remember. It's the perfect mix or pink and coral, and looks as pretty on pale skin as it does with a tan. 
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Rose Hip - I'm a huge fan of the Gelly polishes as they seem to be the only polish that lasts more than a day on my nails at the moment! I'm obsessed with Shellac, so when the pennies are tight and I can't afford a trip to the salon,  I paint one of these of my nails and the void is filled! I'm in love with the new spring/summer collection, and this shade in particular has been on my nails for most of May.
Avon Ultra Colour Lip Crayons in Carefree Coral & Risque Rose -  I'm loving chunky lip crayons at the minute, so when I saw that Avon had some on an introductory offer, I decided to try a couple out! The colour range is pretty small but really nice. I went for a bright coral red and a soft baby pink, both of which are really highly pigmented and last really well on the lips. Thumbs up from me!


The Body Shop 'Honeymania' Body Butter - The Body Shop's body butters are in my opinion, the best ones out there. They are really moisturising and all smell incredible! This has a lovely summery scent and I've been using it in the evenings after a bath or shower to keep my skin from going dry. It smells good enough to eat! 
Sanctuary Spa Smoothing Silk Polish- Throughout the month I've been suffering quite badly with hayfever which has been affecting my sleep at night, so I've been using this silk polish from the Sleep range, which is designed to help prepare for a good night's sleep. It's scented with lavender which is really calming, and feels super luxurious to use. It's an in shower scrub that I use in the evenings which you massage it in to wet skin, then rinse off. Lovely!
Waitrose Ginger & Clementine Body Wash - I'm obsessed with Waitrose shower gels, so much so that I went through three bottles of their Cinammon Cakes one last year. I couldn't find that one on my last visit to Waitrose (please don't tell me it's been discontinued?!) so went for this one instead. It's got a lovely refreshing scent of ginger and citrus, two of my favourite things! 
Charles Worthington Shine Booster: All Over Gloss Spray* - This is a recent addition to my hair routine, and one that has helped with the look of my hair so much! You simply spray this on to dry hair for a glossy boost, and it gives a lovely silky shine without being greasy. I suffer from quite dry, frizzy hair what with it being bleached, so this is a welcome treat!I dry and style my hair in to curls, shake them out a little then spritz this all over my 'do to give it a lovely shine. 

Phew! There's a lot more there than I thought, so apologies if that was really long and boring! Seeing as we're already halfway through June, I've already got a few things lined up for next month which I can't wait to show you.

What have you been loving throughout May?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've been using the Honeymania Body Butter recently and I love it!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig