Saturday, June 21, 2014

YELLOW SUN

It might be too early to say, but it seems like the Summer weather may have actually arrived! We've had a good few days of warm weather, and the sun most definitely has his hat on in Preston - harrah! I decided to throw caution to the wind and brave shorts today (not without the help of a little tan of course, though you would never tell. Pale girl problems...). I love shorts but it's rare you'll see me wearing them unless it's on holiday or they're teamed with tights in Winter. Until now that is! I've discovered that they can actually be really flattering and have invested in a few new pairs, as well as rekindled my love for some of my old favourites. If the weather stays this way I'm hoping to shoot some more outfits over the weekend so you'll see a few variations!







Blouse - Joules*
Shorts - LilyLulu*
Sandals - Clarks
Bag - Urban Outfitters
Rings - Topshop, Primark.
iPhone Case - Joules*

When it comes to short shorts like these ripped denim numbers by LilyLulu, I like to wear something a little more reserved on top to balance it out a little. Besides, one dose of pastey white skin is enough! I wore this stunning floral blouse by Joules in a beautiful summery yellow, which I tucked in to the shorts and teamed with my favourite Clarks sandals from last summer. I absolutely love this outfit, especially the blouse. I've recently got really in to yellow. It's always been my favourite colour but since going blonde a couple years ago I avoided it as I thought it would make my hair look yellow too. How wrong was I?! It actually emphasises the lighter tones in my hair and makes it appear a lot icier in colour which I love. Obviously being from Joules, the print of the blouse is beautiful, as is the phone case. I'm obsessing over the prints and the country clothing from Joules at the moment. Gives me the urge to book a trip to the countryside! Love!

Have you braved shorts yet this summer? How do you style yours?


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Love the shorts and the bright top. Yay for summer weather!! Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a summery outfit, love it. The yellow top is beautiful. I'm loving my shorts and skirts in this weather. So comfy and practical whilst being stylish too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! The colour and print of the top is gorgeous and you're rocking the shorts well.
    Such a babe xx
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig