Thursday, April 30, 2015

METQUARTER LIVERPOOL: BLOGGER EVENT

Last week I was kindly invited to the Metquarter Shopping Centre in Liverpool for the Blogger's Spring/Summer press event. As many of you will know, I work in Shopping Centre Marketing, and I've actually visited Metquarter for work purposes in the past, but never actually been to shop or view the stores, so I was really excited to see what they had in store for the upcoming season.









Miss Francesca Couture

The first store I visited to view the new collection was Miss Francesca Couture, a gorgeous boutique filled with pieces designed by Francesca herself. The store has established itself as a favourite amongst the fabulous fashionistas of Liverpool and beyond, and has even won a whole host of celebrity clients.
The Summer collections are heavily based around print and colour, whether it be a floaty kaftan in tropical brights, or a super sweet two piece in pastel pinks and blues. The things that caught my eye the most thought, were the stunning bespoke floor length gowns hanging beautifully at the back of the store, perfect for prom season in pretty blush, nude and ivory. Love! 

Find online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram




Sassoon Salon

Before hitting the shops, I was treated to a blow dry at the Sassoon Salon with the salon's Creative Director Nathan Bruce. I was shown the brand new Blow Dry Menu that the salon offers (who knew there were so many variations?!) and decided to leave my 'do in the capable hands of Nathan, so long as it was a style to added volume to my flat and lifeless locks. We decided on some relaxed bouncy waves, and after a conditioning treatment at the back wash, he got to work.
I learnt some handy tips and tricks on how to achieve a fuller blow dry with more volume at the roots, as well as how to achieve loose waves with my curlers, and emerged from the salon with the best blow dry I've ever had! I had so many compliments on my hair throughout the rest of the day, too! Result!



Hair by Nathan Bruce, Creative Director at Sassoon Salon Liverpool. Using Sassoon Professional. 
Find online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram










House Of CB

Next stop on my venture around Metquarter was House Of CB (otherwise known as Celeb Boutique!), a feast for the eyes for all you fashion lovers! This might only be a little boutique, but it sure packs a punch in the style stakes with bodycon dresses, co-ords and gorgeous accessories adorning every wall. I was shown around the all new Spring/Summer accessories; pointed pastel heels with perspex detailing, printed clutches (a purchase may have been made...), and even make up brushes! I especially loved the choker necklaces and the beautiful white leather tote bags.

Find online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram








Olivia Divine

One of my favourite stops during the press day was Olivia Divine, a stunning jewellery boutique covered wall to wall in vintage, costume and handmade jewels. The inner perfectionist in me (a true Virgo!) was extremely pleased by the colour co-ordinated cabinets in this treasure trove of a store, and I absolutely loved the statement necklaces, great for the Summer holidays teamed with that all important tan! It's a shame the event fell a day before pay day, otherwise I would have left laden with jewels! I'll be back, for sure.

Find online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram   






Illamasqua

My final visit of the day was to one of my favourite beauty brands, Illamasqua. Here the lovely Holly showed me the brand new Gel Sculpt & Gel Colour products and tried a couple of them out on my face too. I've seen these raved about by the likes of Pixi Woo, so was pretty excited when I saw that's what we were going to be playing with.
Firstly, Holly used the Gel Sculpt Silhouette as a subtle contour at my cheekbones, and also in the crease of my eyes, then she used the Gel Colour in Charm on my cheeks and lips for a peachy tint. Don't be alarmed by how crazy these look in the bullet, as they are a gel formula that comes out super sheer, but easily build-able.
I absolutely love the way these look on the skin, and how they can be used in so many ways. I've got my eye on the two that were used on me as I think they would be perfect to take on holiday when I don't want to wear too much make up or take too much with me.

Find online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Phew! That's one hell of a post, I think you'll agree! Have you visited Metquarter recently? Which are your favourite stores to shop in? 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig