Sunday, April 19, 2015

SPRINGTIME SUN

Last night we all headed for a family barbecue to celebrate my Dad's birthday, and we were super lucky that the sun decided to show it's face for the entire day and evening! It might have been sunny but there was still a bit of a chill in the air, so I decided to layer up some of my favourite pieces, yet give a subtle nod to Spring with my accessories.














Stripe Tee - Zara
Waistcoat - Missguided
Boyfriend Jeans - Hayden by Topshop
Sandals - Carly by Carvela
Bag - Warehouse
Sunglasses - New Look

I donned a simple striped tee that I picked up in the Zara sale a while back, paired with my favourite boyfriend jeans. To make it look like I'd made a bit more effort I layered over my khaki Missguided waistcoat and wore my new heels from Carvela that are perfect for taking an outfit from the office to evening. To shield my peepers from the sun I wore a new pair of sunglasses that I got at New Look for a teeny few pounds (I can't stop buying sunglasses right now. I have a problem!).
I love the way this look turned out, considering it was thrown together less than half an hour before leaving the house! This kind of weather is my favourite to dress for.

How have you spent your sunny weekend?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is so beautiful Claire, you look gorgeous, I absolutely love your Misguided waistcoat! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the detail shots. I am so glad that it's gotten warm enough to allow for peep toe heels and thin layering! Also, don't worry about your sunnies haul, I too am praying for a summery summer in England!

    edge-e.blogspot.co.uk

    Loves.
    X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig