Thursday, May 07, 2015

APRIL BEAUTY FAVOURITES

I'm a bit behind with things this month as it's only just sunk in that we're in May already! Time is flying by so quickly this year, so much so that the beginning of the month always comes as a bit of a shock to me. April was an interesting month for me, with some new products and also some rediscoveries from my teenage years. To be honest though, I actually struggled to pull some products together for this post as I wasn't ready for May at all! The ones I did manage to sift out though are all firm favourites, and some that I can happily recommend.
I Love... Coconut & Cream Bubble Bath & Shower Cream* - Admittedly I've had this sitting in the bathroom for a while and only started using it recently (I like to get through one shower gel before I start another!), but if you look at how much I've used in a short space of time you'll see just how much I love this! I love anything with a coconut scent so it was pretty much a given that I would like this, but what I love is that the scent lingers on my skin afterwards, and the creamy formula leaves my skin feeling nice and soft, especially if I use it in a hot bath!
Herbal Essences Clearly Naked Dry Shampoo - This is a funny one for me as I didn't like this at first. I'm a big fan of Batiste but not of the white marks it leaves at my roots, so the fact that this leaves hair clear of residue is what attracted me. It took me a really long while to get to grips with this stuff as it can be quite sticky, but I've found that a small amount goes a long way, and the smell is really pleasant too. Honestly, I don't get the same 'clean' results as I do with Batiste, but I think this is a good alternative when used sparingly for those days when you want something lighter. I tend to reach for this when I'm wearing my hair in an up do as it offers a bit of hold too.
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub - This is one of the products that I used to use religiously when I was in my late teens (the whole range, in fact!) and I decided to pick it up again when I ran out of my Good Things scrub. I remember why I loved it so much, as it really leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. I use it for a deep cleanse after taking my make up off with an oil cleanser in the evening, and find that it helps remove every last inch of cleanser or make up left over on my face. It's a nice gentle scrub also, so it means I can use it every day without having any irritation. Result!
Olay Essentials Beauty Fluid - I remember using this classic moisturiser back in my early teens when my mum first started buy it. It was probably my first proper step in to the world of skincare (other than the odd Boots Tea Tree cleanser!) and I used it (or should I say my mum's) for a good few years. I started to get more in to skincare and make up of my own and ended up forgetting about this, but when I ran out of moisturiser a few days before payday, I had to go for an affordable option and spotted this on the shelves in my local supermarket. I've been using it for a month now and needless to say, I've fallen back in love with this gentle, lightweight day cream!




Angel by Thierry Mugler  Refillable Star* - I've loved the Angel fragrance for a long time,and was super lucky to receive my own personalised version of the new refillable Star bottle. Not only does this smell incredible, but it also looks so pretty on my dressing table, as the bottle catches the light beautifully.

Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream - Since the weather started to warm up I've found I've been reaching for my sandals and open toe shoes more, so I've been keeping my feet moisturised and looked after with this coconut (yum) scented gel. It makes the skin so soft and smells lovely, plus it's a nice treat for my poor feet after a day of breaking in new shoes!
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze - I mentioned the Leather Effects range in one of my recent Favourites posts, which I accidentally stumbled upon when I was meant to be buying this shade (They all look very similar on the stand!) but finally got round to purchasing this one recently. I love the shade and finish of this, and love to wear it when I want to make a bit more effort with my makeup but don't want to spend forever blending in numerous powder shadows! I can't get enough of these! 
Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer - This was something I decided to try after running out of my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, and hearing Estée rave about it made me want to give it a go even more! I love the creamy formula and how easy this is to blend, and I really like the finish it gives. The applicator bugs me a little as it gets really messy, but the product itself is so good that I can see past that!
Jessica Nail Colour in Confident Coral - One of my all time favourite polishes makes an appearance yet again! This is the shade I've been reaching for when painting my toe nails, as it's such a summery shade that goes with everything. All I need now is a tan! 

So those are my top products that have made their way firmly in to my routine over the past month. What have been your favourites throughout April?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig