Monday, May 04, 2015

SUMMER WISHLISTING WITH LYST


You all know I love a good wish list, having posted them on here since I started Sitting Pretty way back in 2009! In fact, I love any kind of list (yet another Virgo trait that annoys people greatly) so when I stumbled across Lyst.co.uk my inner perfectionist squealed with delight. A website showcasing all of my favourite brands, what's new in store and tonnes of inspiration in one place, where I can pick and choose my must have pieces and curate them beautifully in to lists, or Lysts!
Needless to say, it didn't take me long to get started after creating my profile, and I set to work creating my ultimate holiday wish list to get inspired for my upcoming Summer holiday in the sun. I picked out some amazing pieces from some of my high street favourites such as H&M, Topshop and Zara, and also threw in a couple of items I'm lusting after right now. (I'm looking at you, Gucci shoes!). A girl can dream!






Check out my ultimate holiday Lyst in more detail here!





Not only is the site beautifully designed (I'm a web layout geek), but it's also super easy to use and took me no time at all to find my way round. After signing up, which was quick and simple, I was asked a series of questions to determine which brands I love, and which I don't. This basically means that you 'follow' those that you say yes to, which means you only see the items from the brands you're interested in (think of it as Twitter for clothes. Clever, hey?). This information is then used to curate the 'New For You' page, where you can find a whole host of new products based around the brands you've followed.


You can also use the search feature to browse by brand and product type to hunt down those must have items, or find inspiration using the 'Women', 'Men', 'Designers' and 'Sale' tabs to narrow your search even further. One of my favourite features though, is 'The LongLyst', which is the site's blog and general pool of dreamy inspiration. I love the 'What I Wore' posts, showcasing outfits worn by some super savvy fashion folk (think everyone from models to designers) to important occasions and milestones in their life. I love how fashion and clothing can be so memorable and such an important aspect of a person's life, so this part of the site is right up my street!

I think it's fair to say I've found my new favourite website to trawl through in the evenings when I wind down after work. Speaking of which, I've also started a Workwear Lyst as I'll be soon stocking up on some new pieces when I start my new job in June! 

Have you used Lyst before? Which must have items are you adding to your Lysts this season?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig