Thursday, March 03, 2016

PRIMARK PS BEAUTY VELVET MATTE LIPSTICK PENCILS + LIP LINERS | REVIEW

If you follow me on Instagram (@whowhatclaire - come say hi!) you may have spotted a pouty selfie of me proclaiming my love for the new Primark PS... Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayons! I'm a big lover of matte lipsticks, and I'm a huge fan of lip products in this pencil form (all hail the Chubby Stick!) so when I spotted the gorgeous Audrey testing these out over on Frassy, I hot footed it to my local Primark store and squealed when I saw them in stock. I don't think they had the full range in stock, just a few shades to choose from, but they were pretty much all the lovely nude pinks I was hoping for. I also spied the Lip Liner Pencils in some lovely shades so just had to get a couple of those too! 
I'm really impressed with these, especially since they're so cheap! The lipstick pencils are £2 each, and the liners are only £1 and all of them are super creamy to apply yet matte on the lips. Naturally the liners are more matte than the lipstick pencils, but they're still smooth when it comes to application and the colour pay off on all of these is amazing. The lipstick pencils aren't at all drying and feel super comfortable. Staying power isn't as long as other matte lip products I've used, but for the price I don't mind having to reapply once or twice throughout the day!
L-R
Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon in Shade 09
Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayon in Shade 06
Lip Liner Pencil in Shade 08
Lip Liner Pencil in Shade 09

As you can see, the shades I went for are all fairly similar and have a Kylie Jenner-esque look to them, but I'm a sucker for a soft pink or subtle nude to wear day-to-day. They did have a range of bright pinks and corals, and some red and purple tones in the liners that I will probably go back and pick up when I next pay a visit, so there's something for everyone! Also, there's some matte lipsticks that have just been released in the PS... range too, but I haven't got round to trying any of these yet. Let me know if you've got any!


I'd highly recommend picking some of these up and giving them a whirl if you have a Primark nearby, and I'd grab them whilst you can as I reckon these are going to be super popular! Just a bit of advice - check the products before you buy them as there aren't any testers, and a lot of the ones in my store had been used. Also if you don't have one, don't forget to pick up a sharpener too! I got one in Primark for £1 from the beauty stands, so my total came to just £7. Not bad for four lip products and a sharpener, hey?! That's less than half the price of some of the lipsticks I own (and some of them aren't even as nice as these!).

Have you tried the new lip products from Primark? Would you recommend any other products from the PS... beauty range?

Claire x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig