Tuesday, March 21, 2017

VO5 NME AWARDS TOUR, LIVERPOOL | BLOSSOMS


Last weekend I was super lucky to be able to spend an evening in Liverpool for the VO5 NME Awards tour on behalf of VO5 (cool things like this don't happen to me so obviously I said yes!) and it was so much fun! The tour is an annual event at various venues around the UK that takes place around the NME Awards themselves, and this year was a good'un with Blossoms as the headline act! I've listened to Blossoms a fair bit and there's quite a few songs on my Spotify playlist, but I was excited to hear more from them and also their support acts!

My bestie Sophia and I hopped on a train on Friday after work, indulged in a delicious dinner in Liverpool City Centre then headed on over to the beautiful Liverpool Olympia. From the outside, the venue didn't look anything too special, but inside was a dream! The original ballroom features are still in tact seventy years on from its opening, with incredible ceilings, decadent red walls and huge chandeliers everywhere - so, so cool!






To be honest we probably arrived a little too early, but I'm glad we were there to see the whole show, as support act Rory Wynne was brilliant. Like Blossoms, he hails from Stockport, so it was great to see acts from the North West doing so well. Rory had a kind of Oasis vibe mixed with a bit of Jake Bugg, and a whole lot of attitude to match - I loved him! His music was reminiscent of the stuff I used to listen to when I was growing up, and his new EP 'What Would Rory Wynne Do?' is firmly saved on my Spotify library. Definitely worth a listen!


The other support act was Cabbage, a group I hadn't heard of until the tour. Whilst great singers and musicians, with some really good tracks, their set was a little more rocky than my usual taste. The crowd loved them though and they were really well received, plus good sports as they carried on through a whole set even though the lead singer was struggling with a broken pubic rami! 


I knew Blossoms were going to be amazing as soon as I heard their walk out music (Kanye West - Black Skinhead aka absolute tune), and they were so, SO good! Every single track they sang was brilliant from start to finish and the crowd absolutely loved them (including us), and rightly so. Blown Rose and Honey Sweet are probably the two I know the most, but we were treated to lots more and even some covers! We left on a high (even though we did have to miss the end of the set when we had to go for the last train home) and couldn't get over how brilliant they were live (and also marvelling over how glossy and curly lead singer Tom's hair was) and I would 100% see them again if I got the chance.

Thank you to VO5 for an awesome Friday night with great music in a beautiful venue! If you're interested in seeing Blossoms, Rory Wynne and Cabbage at the VO5 NME Awards tour, then why not see if you can still get tickets for an upcoming date near you! The tour ends in Glasgow on the 1st April, and if you can find out more and check ticket availability here!


Did you catch Blossoms at the Liverpool Olympia? Will you be heading to one of the upcoming dates?

C x

SHOP THE LOOK


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig