Sunday, May 14, 2017

PRIMARK PS PRO KISS PROOF LIQUID MATTE LIPSTICK | REVIEW

You all probably know by now that I'm a sucker for Primark's PS... beauty range and have found some amazing products there in the past that have fully found their way in to my make up routine (Hello, Beauty Blush Sticks and Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencils!). If you have a penchant for a good old Primark bargain then you've no doubt seen the newly launched PS Pro range, a collection of products that are higher in quality (so slightly higher in price point) and fit to rival higher end beauty products. I picked up a couple of the Kiss Proof Liquid Matte Lipsticks to try out and I have to say, I am impressed!

Before I get on to the good stuff, I know my shade choice here is a bit different to what I usually go for. That's because the shade range in my local store was pretty poor - plenty of testers but only a few of them were actually available. I've been back a few times and the collection hasn't been restocked as of yet, so if you spy any of the nude and pink shades I'd suggest snapping them up whilst you can as I've had no luck so far!
The shades I did manage to get were 06 Coco In Love (left), a deep chocolatey plum shade that comes off a lot darker than in the tube, and a frosted metallic copper shade called 05 Metal Rose (right). They cost just £3 each, so to be quite honest I wasn't expecting them to be amazing, but I was pretty pleasantly surprised.

The colour pay off on these is insane, with only one or two swipes needed to coat the lips, and they have the most gorgeous sweet scent of vanilla. Application-wise, the metallic shade was a lot easier to work with, but that's too be expected with how dark Coco In Love was for my complexion. I had to use concealer to do a clean up around the edges of my lips after applying as the applicator is quite clumsy when you're after more of a precise finish. 
Obviously being matte, you do need to prep your lips before hand with a scrub and/or balm otherwise they just emphasise every little flake of skin! Once they're on the lips though, they do feel really comfortable compared to other matte lip products I've used. They take a few minutes to dry and once set, they do settle in to the lines of the lips a little so it's not a completely smooth finish, but its one I'm willing to live with for the £3 price tag! 


Now, I haven't tested whether they're as 'kiss proof' as their name would suggest, but I can vouch that they have staying power! I've eaten and drank whilst wearing Metal Rose and it barely came off anywhere. No lipstick marks to the glass I drank from whatsoever, and just a little wear in the centre of the lips after eating, so they are definitely long lasting. Even if I rub the colour with my fingers, only a tiny bit comes off on my hand which I think it pretty good going for such a budget product. 
Obviously some fading and flaking does happen over time which I tend to find with most matte lip products I use, but this is fixed with reapplication.



PS...Pro Kiss Proof Liquid Matte Lipsticks - £3 each - Primark

So I think its fair to say these have impressed me! I'm always pleased to find a product that does what it says on the tin, especially when its one that doesn't break the bank. I'm desperately hoping there's new stock arriving in my local store soon as I so want to try some of the more day-to-day shades! Let me know if you've managed to try some of the others and what your thoughts were!

What are your favourite budget beauty products?

C x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig