Monday, September 19, 2011

PLUM & PINK

This is an outfit I wore last week on my birthday. I put the hat on purely for photo purposes as I'd just bought it and was itching to wear it! We spent the day in Manchester city centre to spend my birthday money and the hat is one of the purchases. I thought it was the perfect colour for A/W and was shocked that it suited me as I'm not normally a hat person what with having shorter hair. I find it just sticks out in all directions so tend to steer clear. 
Also got a bit of an obsession with H&M at the minute as you can probably tell. I think their A/W stuff is gorgeous and reasonably priced compared to other High Street brands. I usually order online as they have some decent voucher codes floating around from time to time, but the delivery times aren't great so I have to be patient. I've ordered some leather shorts and a couple of jumpers so fingers crossed they won't take too long to arrive!



Hat - Primark
Blouse - H&M
Shorts - Vintage Levis - COW Manchester
Cardigan - H&M
Boots - H&M
Rings - Dorothy Perkins, H&M, JWLRY
Lips - Chanel Rouge Coco in Cambon 31


Sorry to be a pain, but I've gone back to doing full length photos. I've decided to do a mix of close ups and full length as the others were so difficult to get right, and I had a few saying they wanted to see the outfit as a whole. I prefer it this way I think as you get the best of both worlds!
One more thing, if your in the Preston area on Wednesday, the Harris Museum and Art Gallery is holding another fashion event similar to the last one I blogged about. The event is based on Fashion Networking, and will be held at 5.30pm - 7pm. They will be covering everything from how to get onto a fashion course at university to how to get your dream job in the industry. The event is free and is aimed at 16 - 24 year olds. There will also be refreshments, goody bags and a DJ. I unfortunately won't be able to make it as I will be at work, but if you're interested, take a look here for more info or email Caroline at c.alexander@preston.gov.uk to book a spot.




SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love this outfit, especially the hat and necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit love the hat! I have that cardi in brown! so comfy! The cold weather is coming!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the outfit.. I spot some elbow patches which are awesome :) Love the hat!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on h&m. In fact I have my eye on that very cardigan!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. loveeeee the cardigan, definitely need some elbow patches in my life.. & i need to get my hands on one of those hats, too!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the outfit Claire. I too am after a big floppy hat, but my hair is still so short I don't know whether I can get away with it. I always love reading your blog and getting little snippets about Preston (where I went to uni) ahhh the good old Harris museum. God sometimes I miss being a student! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous21/9/11 16:51

    Cute had and cardi! :)
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pretty much love every single piece of your outfit. Especially those elbow patches, definitely need to get myself a cardi like that!

    http://velvet-lipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the whole outfit, especially the blouse!
    & happy (belated) birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous23/9/11 22:38

    love the cardigan (especially the elbow pads haha!) and the boots!

    Sarah
    http://thelivescene.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig