Friday, November 04, 2011

RAVISHING

I'm not talking about myself or being big headed in the post title. It is simply the name of my lipstick! I got Ravishing by MAC when I went to Manchester at the beginning of the week. Yes I'm back! Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I have been so tired these past couple days so wanted to spend them relaxing before I go back to work tomorrow (boo). This lipstick caused a bit of a drama whilst we were there. Dan bought it me as a treat in Selfridges in the City Centre, but when we got back to our hotel room it wasn't to be seen. I must have dropped the (teeny weeny) Selfridges bag somewhere between leaving the store and walking to the station. We went to quite a few places in between ( Krispy Kreme, Zara, Paperchase, COW) so it could literally be anywhere. Somebody somewhere has a nice new MAC lipstick for free that should have been mine! Anyway, we took a trip to the Trafford Centre on our way back to Preston, and Dan was lovely and bought me a replacement. Needless to say I held on to this one for dear life whilst walking round the other shops. Anyway, this is what I wore today. The shorts are also a purchase from Manchester for a tiny £4 - bargain!




Blouse - Charity Shop
Vintage Shorts - COW Manchester
Tights - Primark
Boots - Topshop
Ring - Topshop (I think!)
Necklace - Ever Ours
Nails - Mod-ern Girl by OPI
Lips - Ravishing by MAC

Also today I did a spot of baking. Here's some sneaky snaps of what I made. I found both the recipes on the Waitrose website. They are white chocolate chip cookies and toffee ginger cakes. They were both fairly simple to make, apart from the icing for the cakes. I attempted to make it twice but it didn't turn out quite right in either try, but it still tasted right! They are both really nice, especially the cookies!



What are your plans for the weekend? I'll be working most of mine!
Oh, and don't forget you can still enter the LOVE giveaway here!


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Anonymous4/11/11 22:47

    That outfit is lovely, the shorts are such a pretty colour. Such a shame that you lost your lipstick, but that's so sweet of your boyfriend replace it :)
    Those toffee ginger cakes sound so amazing! I'm gonna have to try baking those.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear that you lost ur Mac lipstick, your lucky to have such a nice bloke to buy you another one. As for baking treats they look so yummy.
    looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Joanna
    http://joannavictoria-beautyoflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely outfit my darling. Poor you losing your lippy but how lush of your boyf to get you another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5/11/11 00:38

    Those shorts are fab - what a great vintage find! I've never had toffee ginger cakes but I do like just ginger, so they can only be a tastier improvement - yummy :)
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that your lips and nails match your shorts. Helps to bring the outfit together!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bargain pair of shorts! loving the colour too. Shame about your lipstick, but how sweet is he buying you another.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate hate hate losing anything, how nice of Dan to replace it though, I think my Dan would just flip off at me for panicking haha, who knows! I do panic though!

    And I think you DO look ravishing :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely outfit :)
    As always, I adore your style. The shorts are fab, the colour is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute outfit, love your style. mmmmm white chocolate chip coookies... they look yum. :o) xx

    http://lulubbeautyandfashion.blogspot.com/2011/11/birthday-blog-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had ravishing for a few months now and I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig