Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SITTING PRETTY STYLES: PRINTED LEGGINGS

This week I put a message out on Twitter to see if anyone had any requests for this instalment of Sitting Pretty Styles, and Jessica got back to me with the idea of printed leggings. I personally don't wear them because I am conscious of my legs (short, knobbly knees etc) and don't feel that a lot of pattern on the leg area would do me any favours at all, but I've seen so many people overdress them out and about, that I felt it would be cool to put my spin on them. You know the drill by now I'm sure. Two looks, one casual, one formal with the same item.

PRINTED LEGGINGS - CASUAL
For this casual look I've teamed the leggings with a slouchy fine knit jumper in a similar shade from the print for a relaxed look. I'd generally always go for something slightly longer when wearing leggings as they can sometimes go a little see through and show off the underwear as I'm sure we've all seen before somewhere! I'd rather cover up a bit more just to be on the safe side, but thats personal preference. Then I added some smarter Chelsea boots for a contrast. I'd then add on a wool coat in a dark grey or black, and wear chunky accessories in a bright stand out colour like the orange I've chosen here. For a bag, I'd go for something big and casual in black to tie everything together.


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8


PRINTED LEGGINGS - FORMAL
For a formal look, I'd go for a classy monochrome look against the leggings, regardless of their colour or print. I think black and white just make everything look so much more sophisticated and chic. I'd wear a silky white vest top, again in a longer length, with a black boyfriend style blazer over the top. I'd then layer on some thin, long chains and carry a glitter clutch for a touch of sparkle. I'd also wear a simple silver bracelet and statement ring, then really go wild with the shoes. I love the Topshop numbers I've chosen here. The black and glitter pulls everything together with the right amount of fun and class. I'd add a pop of colour on the lips and paint the nails in a muted tone.


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

What do you think of my choices, yay or nay? Let me know how you all wear your printed leggings. Its definitely a challenging one to style so I'd love to know what you team yours with. Please let me know if there's an item you'd like me to style for next week! I'm off to bed now and then off tomorrow (YESSS!) so will try get an outfit post up for you at some point.
Hope you're all having a lovely week!


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love these looks! Theyre so gorgeous and I like how simple and chic they are, how youve not over complicated the looks. Theyre so wearable :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. definately agree on the whole bagggier top to cover the crotch area, it just looks much more flattering i think! lovely outfit ideas :)

    sarah
    500daysoffashon.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both these looks! Those leggings are fab!!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love leggings, they're all I wear now, I'm not even allowed to mention them in front of my sister any more because I won't stop badgering her about which ones to get next!
    I've now got my eye on these beauts in Topshop :)
    Great post, the formal one is my fave x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got some amazing ones from New Look the other week! They're grey and black tribal-esque print and I've worn them most with a dusky pink top, grey blazer & chelsea boots. I'll no doubt have an outfit post with them up soon :) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think you've styled these perfectly - I love printed leggings - they are my safety blanket.xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig