Friday, March 30, 2012

THE PRETTY JUNK + PRIMARK

It's strange for me to have a Friday off work, but today has been so nice. I normally have Thursday off, but this week I have been covering holidays. It was made even better by the fact that it was payday, and we all know what that means. Shopping!  I took myself off to town fairly early, and spent too much money as usual, but I've worked the overtime so I thought I deserved a treat!  Before I get on to what I bought, let me show you what I wore! I got the blazer from The Pretty Junk, a great vintage shop that sells some seriously good clothing and jewellery. It's vintage Wallis and I love it. The fit is perfect and I love the length. It's a little longer than I would usually go for, but I think that sets it apart from the styles on the high street at the moment. It's quite a formal jacket, but I decided to push the sleeves up and dress it down with a Primark dress I bought from a blog sale recently. I wanted it when it came out last summer, but never got hold of one, so when I saw the lovely Tor was selling it on her blog, unworn with tags still intact, I snapped it up! I'm also wearing some sandals from last year that have definitely seen better days, but they were comfy and just what I needed for a stroll round the shops.




Vintage Blazer - The Pretty Junk
Dress - Primark via Tor's Blogsale
Leggings - New Look
Sandals - Miss Selfridge
Bag - Nica c/o mybag.com
Lips - Watch Me Simmer by MAC
Nails - Dark Green + Peach c/o Zalando

Now onto the haul!I seem to have got rid of a lot of summer tops, so I wanted to stock up on those mainly. I did go to Primark with the intention of getting a pastel blazer, but the mint green one I set my heart on had sold out in my size, so that was a bit disappointing. On the whole though I was quite impressed with their current spring/summer stock. They have some lovely prints that I picked up quite a few of, like the vintage cars and the dalmatians. I really wanted to get the vintage car print skirt that I've seen popping up on a few blogs, but I couldn't seem to find it. Also bought some underwear sets and some leggings, plus a few basics from New Look and H&M. All in all, a fairly successful shopping trip!


Striped Jersey Pencil Skirt £7 | White Broderie Dress £6 | Toepost Sandals £4 | Plait Sandals £5 | Car Print Blouse £8 | Blue Dalmatian Blouse £8 | Nude Dalmatian Blouse £8 | Floral Tee £4 | Parrot Print Tee £4 | Kimono Jacket £5 | Silver Necklace £4 | Gold Floral Necklace £4.

Have you bought anything from Primark recently? What do you think of their spring/summer collections?

PS. Don't forget to enter my MAC giveaway in the previous post!


 
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I love your blazer, I really want a white one as I think it will look lovely with anything :) I am dying to get my hands on that car print top! It's so cute!

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @FCassandraBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a shop! Such lovely things.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the print on your dress! Looks like you got some lovely stuff from Primark, I really want the car print blouse! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress and blazer look gorgeous together! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a bit of a splurge in there last week, they've got some pretty spring things for a fraction of the price compared to some other shops! love the necklaces :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am craving a trip to primark now after seeing your goodies!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the floral tee and the necklaces.
    I don't go to Primark that often because of the amount of people and the insane queues, but after this post, I think I might brave it and check out the stock.
    I've been seeing a lot of great buys from there, so I'm pretty impressed with their S/S stock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/4/12 14:48

    I love how expensive you make Primark look! Will definitely be stopping into my local branch to hunt for those necklaces!

    Love your blog :)
    xx

    http://bethwray.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice necklaces.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the prints! Awesome post!
    Check my primark haul post too :)

    http://breathefashion-world.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/primark-colourful-haul.html
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig