Saturday, March 31, 2012

WEEKEND WISHLIST #8

Posting this a bit earlier in the day than usual but I have to work tonight and didn't really want to schedule. I picked most of these pieces out the other day when the sun was shining as I was in the Summer mood, but now it has gone away some of these seem a little silly (shorts & sandals...). I can dream for when the sun decides to show it's face again, though! A typical wishlist for me this time round with pleats and petty florals with a few other pretty things thrown in.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11


#1: I've always wanted a printed blazer, but I've never really found one that I was really drawn to. Sometimes floral ones can look a bit too garish and fussy, but this pineapple print one by River Island really caught my eye. The print is busy without being over the top, and from a distance it doesn't look like pineapples at all! I think this would work really well dressed up, or worn casual with a tee and skinnies.
#2: I'm loving the peplum trend that it doing it's rounds, but haven't got round to trying it out myself yet. I think this style would work quite well for me because I have fairly wide hips anyway so wouldn't need to worry about looking out of proportion. Love the colour too.
#3: I'm a big fan of oversized chiffon or silky tees, as they look good with just about anything and can be worn in so many ways. This floral print one is perfect for spring and would look great teamed with pastel colours.
#4 + #5: I've been after some new denim shorts for a while now as I've only got the one pair that I wear all the time! These two pairs are perfect for the summer, but great for colder weather too worn over tights.
#6: I'm a sucker for a pleated skirt and a drop hem, and this beauty has both. Such a gorgeous colour, and it has a subtle sheen to it. Reminds me of a mermaid!
#7: Another peplum top but this time in white and sleeveless. I love the simplicity of this one with the cut out detail at the shoulders. This would look so pretty over a printed pencil skirt or some simple skinny jeans and wedges in the sunshine.
#8: How cute is this? This little top is such a gorgeous print and has a 50s vibe to it. I'd wear this with high waisted skinny jeans and big retro sunglasses in the summer sun with a dash of red lipstick. Perfect for summer barbecues and parties with friends.
#9: I was drawn to this dress by the lovely lemon colour and pretty ditsy print. A perfect, simple dress for summer in a comfy jersey fabric. This would look great with a bleached denim jacket and tan accessories. All that's missing is the fake tan, as this colours would completely wash me and my pale skin out!
#10: I didn't like these when I first saw them, but the more I look at these they more I love them. I think the colour is so nice for summer, and can just imagine coral toes peeping out the front. They're the perfect heel height for day, and the platform wedge means they will be extra comfy on the feet. They also come in a few other colours, but these are by far my favourite.
#11: Another shoe that again, I wasn't too sure about at first, but I really like the shape and style of these. At first glance they look like your typical loafer style slip on brogue, but they are made of woven red leather that would look amazing over tanned skin, or just as cute with some frill ankle socks for fun summer look.

What do you think of the choices this week? Are any of these on your wishlist? Also be sure to check out some of my favourite blogs this week!

FIVE TO FOLLOW:
1. Ashleigh @ Ashllyd
2. Amy @ The Little Magpie 
3. Kelly @ A Twenty-Something
4. Lauren @ Noir Nouvelle
5. Sarah @ The Stylish Heart

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend, despite the lack of sunshine!


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. As normal I love everything on your wishlist...I ordered the yellow H&M dress yesterday (which was very naughty as I'm not meant to be spending), so excited for it to arrive! Praying that it fits :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the H&M yellow dress, £7.99 us such a good price. Next time i go to H&M i pray that it's there! Also loving the peplum trend! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the pleated skirt!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving #6!! I bought a dress from TK Maxx that has a pleat and drop hem AND is the same colour but it has big white spots all over it, it's my new fave!

    http://helloterrilowe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I saw the floral tee on Topshop's site just before I read this post!
    Such a beaut. Need, need, need. I love oversized tees too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floral tee (#3) is on my wishlist too! It's just too pretty. I really enjoy your wishlist posts, they're always full of fabulous finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love #8 and 9! The prints are so pretty! XO

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig