Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SITTING PRETTY STYLES: FLORAL TROUSERS

Floral trousers are a big trend at the minute and key for Spring/Summer, so I thought I would tackle the tricky problem of styling them for you. I actually have the pair I'm featuring, and will be wearing them tomorrow hopefully, so I'll do an outfit post tomorrow evening showing you how I wore them. I'll be wearing the obvious choice of a white shirt with them, but I'd love to explore different looks, and maybe even clashing prints. This post is as much for myself as it is for you, as it has given me some inspiration of how to wear them if the future. The trousers in question are from H&M, available here, but hurry, only size 10s left in stock! 

FLORAL TROUSERS - CASUAL
The colours in these trousers are great to give you an idea of what to wear them with. For example, they feature pale pinks, corals, blues and mint greens, so you could get away with pairing them with anything in those shades. I've gone for a pale muted pink in this instance in the form of a knitted jumper. As it's coming spring you don't want anything too heavy, and the one I've gone for looks like quite a lightweight knit. I'd wear this over a breezy sheer blouse and roll the cuffs up over the jumper sleeves for a hint of white peeping out. I'd keep accessories all a similar colour, not to detract from the print and to keep the 'busy-ness' to a minimum, so I've gone for tan and wood for a summery feel. I'd finish off by painting my nails in alternate pastel shades that compliment the whole look, like mint and peach.  
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

FLORAL TROUSERS - FORMAL
For night time I would tone down the colour and wear these with black. I'd go for a bralet style cropped top in black, and wear a grey or silver toned soft blazer over the top. Personally I wouldn't wear a jacket that is too structured, as the trousers are quite a formal shape so I wouldn't want to make it look like a suit, but that's personal taste! I'd wear some black platform heels like the T-Bar ones below, and a simple black box style clutch. I'd also keep jewellery simple, with a thin gold collar style necklace and a chunky gold cuff.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

What do you think of how I've styled the trousers? I can't wait to wear mine tomorrow and get an outfit post up of them. Let me know if you've got these and how you've been wearing them!

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Love both of the looks you've styled here Claire! I've been dithering over floral trousers for ages, and spied my perfect pair(s) on ASOS and in Zara, I just need to suck it up and buy them now. Look Two is tempting me to snap some trousers up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I'm kinda scared but excited to wear them at the same time! Saw some gorgeous bird print ones on the oasis website too that I might treat myself to come payday. They'll be in my wish list this weekend!
      X

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second outfit. Bralet is genius
    It would be mine
    You're tempting me... 10 is my size. Maybe its a sign?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love both of the outfits, the trousers are such a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would seriously suit you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you have styled both of these and feel encourage to purchase a pair! I am not a great trend follower but these are so feminine i love it.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig