Thursday, March 22, 2012

FLORAL TROUSERS

So as promised in yesterday's post, I took the plunge and wore the H&M floral trousers that were the key item in this week's 'Sitting Pretty Styles' feature.  I was a little scared at first as I wasn't sure how to wear them and what to pair them with, but I think keeping it simple works best on me. I don't like things too fussy, and I'm always a bit wary of clashing prints, so I went for a basic white oversized shirt and kept accessories to a minimum. I actually tried a necklace with the outfit but felt overdressed as soon as I put it on. I think these will be much better when the weather get's a bit warmer, as I think they'd look really cute with a bralet or silky camisole. 

Shirt - Miss Selfridge
Trousers - H&M
Belt - Primark
Shoes - Primark
Friendship Bracelet - Sitting Pretty
Lipstick - Ohh La La by Topshop (coral but for some reason has photographed pink?!)

The trousers have little slits up the sides of the hem, which I'm not too sure about. I'm undecided whether to leave them be or sew them up so they are more tapered at the ankles. I just think they would be more flattering on my shape, but I still love the trousers nonetheless!  I really want to get my hands on a drapeystyle jacket in cream/white or a pastel mint or coral for summer, which I think would look great with these also.
The friendship bracelet was handmade by me and you can now buy them in my shop for £1.50 each or 3 for £4. I have have six left at the minute, so be quick if you would like one!
Have you got these trousers? How have you been wearing yours?


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Love these trousers on you, you pull them off so well and they look great styled with the plain white blouse! :) I wish I was brave enough to wear these!

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man I knew you'd look awesome, and you do!
    It would be mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fab on you! Everyone and their mother will have these except me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice outfit. I love the floral trousers trend :)
    http://beabops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wore these yesterday! They are such a bargain and a great way to try out the trend. I wore mine with my multi-yarn Urban Outfitters jumper, it was a really nice contrast. Now I want another pair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these trousers, so tempted to take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo, I love this whole outfit!

    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig