Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SITTING PRETTY STYLES: PASTEL JEANS

It's been a long while since I did one of these posts, but I am back on form with them and you should (hopefully) be seeing one every week now. I thought I'd kick things off with what is already a huge trend for Spring/Summer and that's pastels. I'm focusing on jeans in this post purely because I think they're the main item that seems to be everywhere from the pastel trend, and they can be quite tricky to style. If you're a new follower and don't know how these posts work, basically I take one item and show you two ways to style it. One look for daytime, and one more dressed up for night.

THE PASTEL JEANS - CASUAL
I've chosen to style some pink skinny jeans, but obviously there are many more colours available! For a casual look I would tuck in an oversized vest or T-shirt for a slouchy, laid back feel in plain white, and slip on some peep toe flats in a neutral tone. I think neutrals are the best way to keep this looking chic and strong, as adding too many colours and prints can be too much, so keep accessories simple. I'd also add a pastel blazer in a contrasting colour. Mint green works really well with pink (or coral too!) and this one has a lace finish, so looks a lot softer than a normal blazer in a block colour would - great for keeping it casual! I'd then add on some cute retro sunglasses and a simple long necklace to pull it all together, and carry a large holdall. I love the ice cream coloured one I've chosen, as it still has the splashes of colour, the same as the clothing, but they are a lot more muted so don't distract from the rest of the outfit.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
THE PASTEL JEANS - FORMAL
Dressing up a pair of pastel jeans can be a bit more difficult, as the pale colours are much more suited to day time. However with the right accessories it can work. For these jeans, I'd add a simple blouse, again in mint, or if you didn't want to add another colour then white or cream would be fine. I've gone for quite a slim fitting shape with a contrasting collar and cuffs. I'd tuck this in and then add a jacket. I really like the structured shape of the metallic one I've chosen. The colour isn't too heavy, and the shape is just right for an evening look. Again, I'd keep accessories neutral, so I've gone for some gorgeous nude heels and a simple envelope clutch. I'd finish off with a short statement necklace for a bit more glitz!

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6


What do you think of the looks I've created? How would you wear your pastel jeans? Let me know if there's something in particular you would like to see me style next week!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Beautiful selection of clothes here! I never normally wear jeans, but I will definately be doing similar style with skirts!

    Karys x
    Whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both the looks but I love love LOVE all the accessories you've chosen; I want them ALL :)

    Love
    Madame Squirrel x

    madamesquirrel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Oasis bag is amazing! I've been eyeing the peeptoe flats from the first outfit for absolutely ages, might splurge when it gets a few degrees warmer (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Oasis contrast shirt, so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig