Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I'VE BEEN SHOPPING!

I've not done a post like this for a while, so there is a lot to show you, but I didn't buy it all at once, promise!
Here's some of the lovely stuff I've picked up in the past few weeks, and bare in mind, I've not a lot of money AT ALL, so this was shopping on a budget!

Firstly I picked up these gorgeous square scarves from a local charity shop for just 50p each! They are lovely, and although they're not quite big enough to wear round my neck the way I hoped, they are perfect for tying onto bag straps.



Also whilst I was out Charity shopping, I spied this lovely fluffy vintage cardigan with the cutest buttons I've ever seen. I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but I think it was along the lines of £2.75, something like that. However much it cost, it was money well spent!


Next, I got this lovely little lace oversize t shirt from good old Primark for just £5.00. I think this is going to be one of those things that gets worn ALL summer. It will look so cute over pretty block colour dresses and vests, or with a high waisted skirt or shorts.


Also, when I was in Primark, I picked up this lovely floral print dress for £13.00. I bought it to wear on a night out, but didn't end up going, but I've worn it quite a few times already. Its great for day time with some pumps and a cardigan, and what's great is that the belt is detachable, so I can take it off when I want to dress it down. For night, I can just add the belt back on, team with some gold jewelry and heels, et voila!



If you know me at all, you will know how obsessed I am with ebay. I've got a few bits and bobs over the past couple of months, but these three have to be the best.
Firstly, I won this vintage style House of Fraser chiffon blouse with beading detail. Its so light and easy to wear, and looks really lovely on. This one cost £3.99 and I can see I'll be wearing it to death!


Secondly I won this Primark teal chiffon style blouse for just 99p! Its a really baggy fit which will be lovely for Summer, and the colour is really nice.

Thirdly, if you follow me on Twitter you will of heard how excited I was about this trench coat. I originally offered the seller £5.00 at buy it now, but she declined my offer and continued with the auction. Unlucky for her, I watched it like a hawk for the last half an hour, and won it for the starting price of...wait for it... 99p! Less than a pound for a Debenhams, hardly worn trench coat! Un-freakin-believable if you ask me. The coat was a little long for me and my stumpy legs, but I took it up on my trusty sewing machine and it is perfect!


Lastly, my friend Daisy held a clothes stall at our students union, and I bought these lovely vintage floral culottes off her for £7.00. The print is so sweet, and I've been teaming them with a plain white or grey vest or cami, black opaques and flats with a cardigan. I can't wait for warmer weather though, then I can wear them with bare legs, sandals and a pretty top :)


So they are my main purchases. I also picked up a little across the body bag from Primark, and a gorgeous Miss Selfridge envelope necklace in the sale. I'm sure you will see them in an outfit post soon!

Right now, I'm going to photograph some of my stuff and put up a blog sale, then I can feel a bit better about splurging all my money on these lovely things, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

In the meantime though, be sure to enter the giveaway below! Vintage goodies up for grabs!

xox
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Such gorgeous things! I love the culottes and adorable grey cardigan! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the skirt is adorable ><
    i love floral :)
    There's another picture on your blog with a floral skirt and i love that too :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig