Thursday, November 11, 2010

A TRIP TO CHESTER

Sorry that it has taken me so long to get this post up! The other week, Dan and I went to Chester for a night just for a little break away from Preston. Dan has been before briefly, but it was my first visit. We didn't go for any particular reason, and very nearly cancelled due to lack of funds, but we went ahead with it and had a really lovely time. We only stayed a night, so didn't really have a lot of time to get in much sightseeing, but here's a few pictures to show you what Chester is like, with its 'oldy worldy' feel, thatched buildings and roman walls.It really is a lovely place, and if you haven't been I'd definitely recommend it for a weekend away. I could have stayed for a lot longer than one night but sadly couldn't afford! I think we might go back for a day next month to go Christmas shopping as I've heard it gets really atmospheric and the centre looks lovely with all the Christmas lights!

Have you ever been to Chester?
xox

PS: Just over a week left to enter the GIVEAWAY!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. i live in chester well near there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Wilmslow until I was 13 so am pretty lucky that I've been able to go to Chester a few times. It is such a gorgeous place, and it really is beautiful at Christmas.
    I'm glad you both had a good time :) would love to take my fiance but we live in scotland, and that's a fair trek haha

    Heather-Lou xxx
    HeatherRetro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really pretty, I had the uni as one of my choices but never went to visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love chester i have been once at night, i want to go one weekend. Its a super cute place.
    Alex
    http://alexslifeafter20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chester looks lovely! Cute coat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so strange reading about my hometown from someone elses perspective :) I miss it so much, can't wait to go home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a showcase of my jewellery in Chester's Mickerloo Arts Gallery. Did you go there? I have never been to Chester but looks like a great place for a romantic walk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have that coat! i absolutely love it.

    it looks like you had a great time :)

    Rosie x

    would love for you to take a looky at my new blog:
    http://carelesslycutyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you go to the olde sweet shop opposite the church? It has to be the most amazing sweet shop I have ever been to and the shop owners hand make a lot of the treats
    Rianna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this set.
    Each picture smells of English fall.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig