Friday, September 14, 2012

UP NEXT

Today is pretty special for me as it's my 23rd birthday! I've had such a lovely day so far and got some great presents which I'm sure you will see pretty soon in a haul post! I also got an amazing birthday present yesterday in the form of a new job! Those of you who know me well or have followed for a while will know that I have been trying so, so hard to get in to the fashion marketing world as it's something I'm really passionate about, and now I've done it! I'll be in charge of marketing for a luxury menswear label launching very soon, and what's even better is that the head office is right on my doorstep in my hometown. Win, win! As you can imagine I'm super excited and can't wait to get started in a couple of weeks time. Anyway, back to the blog post now!
A while ago I was asked to review some items from Next, so whilst I was in Manchester earlier this week I took my voucher to the Arndale store and picked up this beautiful lace shirt and silver necklace. Next is somewhere I always forget to look in, as I remember it being quite old fashioned when I was younger, but lately I've been pleasantly surprised with what they have on offer. I chose a few items including studded jumpers, pretty dresses and even some slipper style flat pumps, all of which were bang on trend, but decided on this blouse in the end as I figured I would get more wear out of it. I still had a bit of money left so opted for the necklace to wear with the blouse as it looked really nice sat under the collar when I had them together on the hanger.






Blouse - Next*
Jeans - Topshop
Boots - Primark
Necklace - Next*
Lips - Cambon by Chanel Coco Rouge
Nails - I'm All Ears by OPI Minnie Mouse Collection


I'm really pleased with the fit of the shirt and can see it featuring a lot in my wardrobe this season, whether it be under jumpers, tucked into skirts and shorts, or simply with jeans like I've worn it today. I'll definitely be popping into Next more often now that I've seen how good their A/W collection is, and already have my eye on a couple other things!
On another note, how amazing are the boots!? They were a complete bargain from Primark for just £18 and are incredibly comfy. I got them with some of my birthday money, plus another pair with a white toe cap and stud detailing that you may have seen on my Instagram or Twitter (@c_sittingpretty). Primark has got Autumn/Winter down to a tee this year, and in my eyes it's their best season yet!

What do you think of my Next items? Have you shopped in Next recently?

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That shirt is so pretty. My friends hate Next but I really love some of their pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and congratulations on your new job, I hope it all goes well for you.
    I have seen some lovely cream leather lace up brogues,
    http://www.next.co.uk/x502324s8#792715x50
    I tried them one and they are so comfy, I just couldn't afford them at the moment :(

    Emma xx
    Emma176@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday lovely! I'm so pleased for you getting that job too - best birthday gift ever! Your shirt is so pretty, I think I'll be taking a nosy in Next this weekend..

    louisejoyb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Congratulations on your new job, too :D
    The blouse is so pretty, and I love your boots too - what a bargain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Two lots of great news! Happy Birthday huni and congrats on the new job! It sounds perfect for you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday lovely! Glad you've had a wonderful day!

    XO Amie

    www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday, and congratulations on your new job!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig