Sunday, March 30, 2014

THE MIDI SKIRT

This has to be one of my favourite outfits this year so far, which is surprising because it's so simple! I'm a big fan of the midi skirt, and it's the perfect transition piece to have in your wardrobe in that tricky Winter to Spring stage. This black pleated A-line number from Ad Lib Girl is quite a thick cotton fabric yet it doesn't feel heavy or too warm to wear, so it's ideal for the weather change we're starting to see! In Summer I'd wear this with a little cropped tee or silky cami tucked in, and a pair of strappy heels for a balmy evening out, but for Spring I'll style it similarly to how I wore today.



Tee - Topshop
Skirt - Ad Lib Girl*
Boots - Topshop (old)
Bag - French Connection*
Necklace - H&M
Rings - Pandora, Topshop
Lips - Lady Danger by MAC

I wore the midi skirt with a simple grey roll sleeve tee tucked in. I love to wear something high waisted with something slightly over sized and loose fitting on top, especially with something A-line to balance out proportions, so my good old Topshop tee was perfect for that, plus it kept the outfit from looking too dressed up. I also threw on my well loved Allegra boots for a little bit of height - a heel is a must for me and my short legs when wearing a midi! 

I wore this out for a meal today with the family for Mother's Day which was lovely! Now that I'm not living at home with my momma anymore it's made me appreciate how much she does for me, and it makes it extra special to spend some time with her. I hope you all spoilt your mum's today! Let me know what you all got up to.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love this simple look. I am finding myself very drawn to midi skirts but being short can make them harder to pull off. Think I just need to try on a few till I find the right one. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! The tee and skirt are a great combo and the red lippie really pulls the look all together! Great outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look incredible Claire! That skirt is just amazing! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit, I have a midi skirt & had no idea what to wear it with. This has given me some ideas! x

    http://obsessedwiththelittlethingsinlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loev this outfit. I never seem to feel comfortable in midi lengths unless I'm wearing really high heels as I never know how else to style them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! You look gorgeous! x

    http://astitchtowearblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skirt and how you styled it with the Tee, very cool <3 xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just come across your blog and absolutely love your style!

    www.closetcuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig