Monday, June 16, 2014

KIMONO

I'm on a roll with this blogging malarkey at the moment aren't I? I don't think I've ever posted on here as much as I have the past couple of weeks! I thought I'd show you what I wore yesterday as I loved my outfit so much, and have finally mastered how to do the milkmaid braid on short hair (I'll give you a clue - it involves hair extensions!). I wore my favourite kimono from Primark, along with my ASOS ripped skinny jeans and Helmut Lang tee. A comfy outfit like this teamed with heels seems to be my go to look at the moment, probably because it's so easy to wear and looks kinda smart without being too overly 'done', if that makes any sense at all?!










Kimono - Primark
Tee - Helmut Lang at Harvey Nichols*
Ripped Jeans - ASOS
Shoes - River Island
Bag - Urban Outfitters

It's a little on the expensive side in my opinion, but this white t shirt is an insanely good fit. It hugs your frame in all the right places, and though you can't see it here, when it's untucked it falls really nicely below the hips. Teamed with my skinnies, this is a classic everyday outfit that can be dressed up or down for any occasion. My kind of outfit!
Moving on to my favourite part - the hair! I have been completely obsessed with milk maid braids for months, and have been constantly trying to find a way to do them on my own hair, but it just didn't work. My hair is shoulder length and really, really thin, so the plaits looked pathetic and would never reach the top of my head. I even tried starting the plaits higher up on the head, but it just looked really odd as there was nothing down at the bottom by the ears. Then a light bulb moment - my hair extensions! I clipped in some of my Dirty Looks extensions as normal, then parted the hair and got to plaiting and pinning. Hey presto! Perfect milkmaid braids that lasted all day long. I can see this being a regular 'do for me!

Have any of you short haired girls given this a go? Would anyone like to see a tutorial?

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Loving the milkmaid braids, they look great. So glad you've found a way to do them with short hair. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kimono is just divine x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the long kimono, you look fab.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kimono & bloody love the braids! My hair is short but really, really thick so i can't do plaits either :( x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig