Monday, June 23, 2014

SEEING SPOTS

Another sunny day here in Preston - yay! Just a shame I don't get to see much of the weather whilst I'm in work, but it's always nice to come home to. These are some shots we took over the weekend featuring a polka dot blouse by The City Rack (everyone needs a polka dot print in their wardrobe, right?!) which has a really unusual oversized collar. I wanted to style it with something a little different to the usual skinny jeans and sandals, so instead I picked out a pair of Vintage shorts that I got last Summer. They have the most beautiful flower crochet detailing and I really like the fit of them. They suck you right in at the waist and hang in a really flattering shape.









Blouse - The City Rack*
Shorts - Retro Queen Boutique
Sandals - Clarks
Belt - Primark
Clutch Bag - Primark


Considering I pretty much threw this outfit together last minute, I love how this look has turned out. I think the shorts and blouse go really well together and it's a nice way of doing the whole monochrome trend without it being so obvious. The blouse will definitely be making it's way in to my work wardrobe, especially in the cooler months as the sleeves roll down in to full length ones. I can see this working really well paired with some skinny black trousers and black pointy heels.

How do you wear polka dots? What do you think of the monochrome trend?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I adore this outfit, it's so beautiful. You look wonderful Claire x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combination of the spots and the clutch are just a dream, suits you so much, glad I came across your blog just now :)

    Stephi xoxo
    www.stephilareine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detail on the shorts!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig