Wednesday, June 11, 2014

TOMODACHI LIFE: PART 1

Life is pretty hectic at the moment for me to say the least, and although I wouldn't have it any other way, I love getting home in the evenings and putting my feet up. One thing that's been taking up some of my time in the evenings and helping me wind down is Nintendo's new 3DS game, Tomodachi Life. Now as many of you will know, I'm a little bit of a geek when it comes to games (give me Super Mario and you've got one very happy girl), so I was pretty excited to get started with this one!
This will be my first of two posts where I let you in on my adventures in the game, but before I get in to my first impressions, let me give you the low down! Tomodachi life is a life simulation game where you create characters or townspeople (otherwise known as Miis) to live on your island, one of which is yourself. Imagine a game that mixes life simulation like the Sims, with cute and quirky graphics like those in Animal Crossing, and you almost have Tomodochi Life. I say almost, because I really don't think there is anything else out there that is like this. It's a bit of a crazy one to get your head round as first, as there is so much going on and the game progresses pretty quickly, but once you get used to the wacky storylines and mini games, it actually becomes very addictive! 
Now, as I said, a large part of the game is based on characters which you create yourself, including your very own lookalike. The likeness is a little scary with these, as you can actually use the 3DS built in camera to take a picture that is then used to create your Mii. You can toggle everything from favourite colours and nicknames to personality traits and even the voice. So far I've managed to make a handful of characters, each with a different personality which affects the way they behave throughout the game. Of course I've made Dan, and our characters have already become an item (see what I mean about things moving fast!?) which was all very romantic on the Island's beach!
All the characters you create live in the Mii Apartments, which acts as a base for each person. Here you can decorate their rooms and interact with your Miis, doing anything from feeding them, giving them a new look or simply having a conversation. Each Mii has likes and dislikes that you discover throughout the game as they try new foods to eat and new trends to wear. Giving them items they like improves their happiness level, and when this increases you get rewards! 
Since starting the game there have been lots of exciting things open up on my island, such as clothes shops, food shops, a park, a beach and even an amusement park! There's still lots for me to explore, but I thought I would just give my first impressions and a little information about the game itself. Next week I'll show you lots more!

Let me know if you're playing Tomodochi Life! I'd love to hear how you're getting on!

*Disclaimer: I have been gifted Tomodochi Life by Nintendo to play and review, and as alway, all opinions are mine and 100% honest. I have not been compensated to write this post.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig