Sunday, February 15, 2015

3 WAYS TO WEAR: THE DENIM SHIFT


If there's one thing I love to wear in pretty much any outfit, it's denim. I love rocking a good pair of skinny jeans or ripped boyfriend jeans for every day, and I'm partial to a pair of frayed shorts or a mini skirt of the denim variety too. That's why I accepted a challenge from New Look to style an item from their denim collection in not one, not two, but three different ways! I selected a lovely little number in the form of a shift dress complete with handy pockets and T shirt sleeves - love! 


Look One // Casual
Dress - New Look*
Long Sleeve Tee - Zara
Boots - ASOS
Rucksack - Primark

For the first look I threw a slouchy striped long sleeve tee over the dress to really dress it down. I absolutely love this look and can see me getting a lot of wear of of this come Spring. It's the kind of thing I would turn to on a lazy weekend when the weather warms up, and whilst it's casual, the boots add a little height and make the whole look come together with the cute little rucksack! 
Look Two // Smart Casual
Dress - New Look*
Duster Jacket - Primark
Necklace - Primark
Boots - ASOS
Fedora - Primark

For a look that can take you from day to night, I thought I'd try the dress out with a long jacket over the top. I love this duster jacket, and paired with the simplistic shape of the denim dress, it really stands out. This look would be perfect for lunch out with friends, or even low key drinks as the fedora and necklace give a more dressed up feel.




Look Three // Evening Out
Dress - New Look*
Sequin Jacket - Miss Selfridge
Clutch - Mulberry at Cheshire Oaks*
Heels - Carvela at Cheshire Oaks*

This was the look that was the biggest challenge. How do you dress up a casual denim dress? Simple - add some sparkle! I teamed it with one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe, my bejewelled jacket. This is sure to dress up any look, and I think the pale pink works really well against the blue denim. I added some complimenting heels and a clutch, et voila!

Which is your favourite look? How would you style a denim dress like this one for various occasions?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love this sort of post! That first look so so simple yet effortless and lovely x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you styled these and you convinced me to get a denim dress now.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these Claire, send outfit number two my way please!

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The denim dress looks awesome. When women choose and wear accessories that match their outfit perfectly, they can look more stylish and more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig