Saturday, August 15, 2015

SUMMER NIGHTS

If there's one thing about Summer I love, it's the light and balmy evenings spent with family or friends, whether that be a lazy night spent by the barbecue, or dressing up for dinner and drinks. Quiz recently challenged me to create a look that would be fit for a Summer occasion, so I got to styling my outfit with the theme of Summer ball/night out with friends brief firmly stuck in my mind. 
If you know me, you'll know that I hail from Preston (hail being the appropriate word) where Summer is short lived and rain is pretty much a daily occurrence, so forgive me if my chosen look doesn't typically scream 'Summer'! I wanted to go for something that would be elegant and evening appropriate, yet still keep me (kind of) warm and sheltered should the heavens open. Here's the outfit I put together...







Crop Top - Quiz*
Wide Leg Trousers - Quiz*
Lace Up Heels - Quiz*
Clutch - Mulberry at Cheshire Oaks*

I knew straight away that I wanted to go for something other than a dress, and when I spotted these gorgeous wide leg slinky trousers I knew they would be ideal. The high waisted style called for a chic cropped top, and the long sleeved low cut number fit the bill! Both pieces are a soft, silky fabric that fits and hangs perfectly. 
I completed the look with a gorgeous pair of lace up heels that I've completely fallen in love with. I'm a little bit obsessed with lace up shoes right now, and these ones are actually surprisingly comfy (always a bonus!). I love the overall look and how elegant such simple pieces can look.

How would you style this outfit? What would be your ideal look for a Summer occasion?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love the clutch its all very glam
    www.assessorise.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig