Thursday, June 30, 2016

#BROWGOALS | BENEFIT GOOF PROOF BROW PENCIL | REVIEW

Before I start, can I just point out how amazing the Elle Magazine freebies have been recently? First the Percy and Reed products and now this absolute gem from Benefit! The Goof Proof Brow Pencil is the latest offering from the hugely popular range of brow products at Benefit, and after trying a few of them myself in the past, I'm going to start the praise early and say that this is definitely one of my favourites. I've been filling in my brows for a while now since one of them has never grown back properly since the over-plucking days in high school and college, so although I'm no expert, I think I've got my technique down, only taking a couple of minutes in front of the mirror.
I've tried many methods and products in the past from eyeshadows and gels, to traditional pencils and brush-through formulas, but have recently grown to love the twist up creamy pencils such from the likes of Mac, Anastasia Beverley Hills and Youngblood Cosmetics. The Goof Broof Brow Pencil is akin to those, with it's smooth formula, twist up bullet (no sharpeners and no mess - result!) and skinny tip. What I love about this one though, it how it's tapered. The thin side of the tip is for drawing in those all important hairs at the front, arch and tail of the brow, and the thicker side is for filling in all those patchy areas. Pure genius! 



The colour I got with my copy of Elle is medium and suits my hair colour perfectly as I'm neither blonde or brunette, but kind of in between. It isn't red toned so it doesn't look orange against my brows, but instead blends in perfectly to match. I'm finding it incredibly easy to use, as it glides on easily and precisely, plus it lasts all day long with no smudging.



Lastly can we just take a moment to appreciate the packaging? Benefit never disappoint with the look and feel of their products, offering a fun yet premium design that never seems to date. Even though this is just a mini size, the packaging is still on point with a silver casing that I think is meant to represent a magic wand, and a cute silver and pink box with Benefit's trademark retro witty branding.

I can't wait to get my hands on the full size version which includes a spoolie brush on the opposite end and is available in six different shades for £18.50. I'll definitely be picking one up when mine runs out!


Have you tried the Goof Proof Brow Pencil yet? What did you think of it?

Claire x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've not tried this yet but I'm definitely going to be scouring the shelves for Elle magazine tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig