Sunday, July 31, 2011

SITTING PRETTY LOVES: YUMI

Yumi is a brand I've liked for some time now after seeing their pieces grace fashion magazines and blogs everywhere. I love their distinct fun look with a girly, vintage feel, a signature style of theirs that us channeled into many of their dresses. Yumi recently sent me a copy of their A/W lookbook, and naturally I wanted to show it you all!
A/W is my favourite season for fashion, as I love layering and the more muted colour palettes. I'm not one to wish Summer away, but if these images are anything to go by then I can't wait for Autumn!
Yumi have split their collection up into various trends. These include:

Animal - Leopard print coats, mock croc and leather bring the animal trend up to date.
Party - A monochrome palette of lace, pleats and embellishment makes the perfect party outfits.
Equestrian - Checks and tweed, riding jackets and pony prints, putting fun into heritage fashion.
Global Traveler - Think tribal prints teamed with paisleys and florals, bringing together fashion from around the globe.
Sixties - Typical sixties fashion with a twist. Think shift dresses, pinafores and peter pan collars in wallpaper prints of greys, mustards and magenta.
Mademoiselle - Taking inspiration from Hollywood stars such as Audrey Hepburn, and the black and white palette of Film Noir, this trend mixes androgyny with delicate laces and vamped up details.
Sunday Belle - Gorgeous casual wear for lazy Sunday afternoons. Think comfy knitwear with pearls and bows, and snug wintery faux fur.

Top row, l - r : Iola Dress, Cyan Dress & Flirty Fringe Bag, Atifa Jacket.
Botton row, l - r: Lalita Top & Cherly Shorts, Marian Cardigan & Abay Skirt, Korina Jacket.

After seeing what Yumi have to offer, I think those of you who have followed me for a while and know my style will agree that the new pieces are definitely 'me'. I'm looking forward to seeing this collection launch on the website!
What do you think of the new trends over at Yumi?
xox
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Love their little dresses, they're really reasonably priced. Lovely post. Hope you're well! Xx


    www.southmoltonststyle.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great collection! I love the Korina jacket, such a cool design!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome post, i love yumi swell.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig