Monday, August 01, 2011

POPPY PATTERNS

Just thought I would show you what I wore yesterday. It wasn't for anything in particular. I had bought this top on Saturday and wanted to wear it, so the outfit was purely based around that. I did originally put it on with some skinny jeans, but it didn't look right. I have short legs in comparison to my torso, which is long, so jeans can make me look a little stumpy. Add to that the fact that I've been eating heaps of junk lately, results in a look that isn't very good.
Tights, day time heels and my trusty levi shorts were the perfect choice to set the top off nicely. It does look quite nice untucked for a loose, more casual feel, but I think for this outfit it needed tucking in to balance out the proportions.

Shorts - Vintage Levis from Cow Vintage, Manchester
Tights - Primark
Shoes - Primark
Lipstick - Laura Mercier Tangerine
View this look on Lookbook

I just wanted to get your feedback on some things. I'm changing a few bits on the blog to try make it more uniform when posting, and give it more of a theme. The first change you will probably notice is the new header. I wanted something a bit more crisp, so I've gone with a simple black text on white background and slightly different fonts.
Post wise, pictures are going to remain the same size. I've had a play in the last few posts with some editing, but I don't feel it is right for me so I'm going to stick with the way I usually edit, which is simply altering the lighting (if need be) and nothing else. I want my images to be as true as possible. I'm also going to change the way I do outfit pictures, as I've got sick of the way I do it. I'm going to do all landscape, showing the look in different sections as seen here, sort of like an exquisite corpse. This is so you can see more close up details, but still see the outfit as a whole at the same time. I'm also going to add in a colour palette, which I know isn't original. I've seen this on a few blogs, but I really like the idea and how it brings everything together. I'll then post a full length version on Lookbook. Finally, I'm going to try and tidy up the sidebars, so that they are more organised, and only have the bare minimum. A few weeks back I added the tabs to the top of the blog, so most of the information you need will be stored in there, rather than cluttering the main page up.

Please do let me know what you think of these changes! If people don't like them then obviously I will re think them, but I think it will make my blog more consistent and cleaner!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!
xox
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I love the changes you've made,
    especially the colour pallette at the bottom of your pics!
    I know you've said it's not origional but I've never seen it before and I read a lot of blogs!
    And I love your outfit BTW especially the top :)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I think you should make whatever changes you want to and feel comfortable with as it's your little space after all! If you're after feedback though I love the multi-landscape photos, it gives a good feel for the outfit without being an uneven shape. And I noticed the header last time I was here and think it's lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely xx

    www.southmoltonststyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top, the collar is so so perfect.

    C x
    http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/8/11 23:10

    such a pretty outfit, really love that top! X X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the changes to the blog. The different sections in the photos does show more detail. & by the way, nice outfit. Loving the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the outfit and the way that you show the details is really useful, the top is gorgeous and i like how you've paired it with the heels and shorts:) i think the layout of your blog is great:) xox

    http://swallows-and-amazons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the top, the collar looks different to all the other peter pan ones Ive seen!

    http://www.woodenheartbeat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4/8/11 08:53

    I love the outfit as a whole as well as the new header :)

    http://thelivescene.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute top! (: xxx

    http://christinecocochanel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the changes!
    And that top suits you amazingly! Gorgeous! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5/8/11 20:05

    Absolutely gorgeous outfit! Love the top and really want those shorts!

    Carly x
    www.xoxocolorvibe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig