Sunday, July 10, 2011

SOMEWHERE I CAN BREATHE

Today we took my car a ride to Lytham St Annes, which is a little seaside town roughly twenty minutes away from where we live. It was dull and rainy at home, but we stuck to our plans and arrived in a lovely and warm Lytham! The weather was a little strange. Warm but no sun, and very windy! We had a stroll on the beach as the tide was right out, then went for a venture down the high street. I love the charity shops in St Annes, but nothing caught my eye today sadly, plus I didn't have much to spend. After a mooch round the shops, we got some chips and gravy from an amazing little chip shop, and went back to the beach to eat. It was a lovely couple of hours and we have decided to go more often once (if) it gets warmer here.
Here are some very windy shots Dan took of my outfit. Not exactly beach appropriate, I know, but I wasn't there to build sandcastles and paddle in the sea!

Jacket - Topshop
Blouse - Charity Shop
Pleated Skirt - Charity Shop
Belt - Primark
Sandals - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - Wallis

When we got home I had the stupid idea to move my room round. It seemed like a good plan at first, but considering I only finished an hour ago, it wasn't the best I've ever had. I'm off to get into my PJs and spend the rest of the night in bed watching TV!

How have you all spent your weekend?
xox


SHARE:

16 comments

  1. oh my word,
    that skirt is incredible, you would never think it's from a charity shop!

    xXx

    Fashion Launderette

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your outfit, espicially the leather jacket!
    love monica,xx
    http://helloomonica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the edit on these pictures, they're kinda dreamy!

    I'm desperate to get away, if only a day by the seaside! Looks lovely :-)

    Loving all your many bracelets the best, stack em up!

    If it makes any difference I think you'd look beautiful with a long bob. It's the sort of hair cut I'd LOVE to be able to have but my hair's just too big and bushy!

    Reckon it'd suit you a treat tho ;-)

    Dayner x
    http://www.mozzypop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of the skirt. It's gorgeous. Great find.

    C x
    http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely ensemble!
    These photos are great
    that skirt is so perfect haha

    Xx
    Jay..

    check out my blog to :)

    http://JAYSTRUT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this skirt so much. Such a great find. The pics at the beach look fab too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics, I love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous, LOVE the skirt and you styled it well with the jacket :)

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, without the jacket and with some sun it would be very 1950's day at the beach look x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't see the sea but there's no need with that beautiful skirt :) Perfect backdrop for this outfit.
    It would be mine

    ReplyDelete
  11. the colour of that skirt is gorgeous, cant believe its a charity shop find looks almost like what Topshop have in lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the colour of this skirt, it photographs so well against the neutral sand. such a good charity shop find -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12/7/11 14:54

    I love your jacket, and the red lips look FAB on you!

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous13/7/11 16:23

    I love these photos! That skirt is gorgeous. I've been to Lytham St Anne's a few times but every single time I've been, it's been raining! So I've only really explored the pier & arcade ha :) it looks like a lovely beach though so I'm going to make the effort to go again.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always have those sorts of ideas about moving around my room !

    You look lovely :)

    e x
    http://pixieflower-ell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colour of that skirt and that you put the leather jacket with it. Love.

    http://youmehello.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig