Friday, September 30, 2011

LIZ EARLE CLEANSE & POLISH

Before I went away last month, I finally caved and bought the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish after reading numerous reviews saying how amazing it was. As you may know, I've been hunting for products to improve my skin, as it is sensitive and breaks out very easily. I have combination skin, with an oily T Zone and dry cheeks, FYI. In the past few months I've bought everything from new cleansers and new foundations to new make up brushes and brush cleaners in the hope to try and improve my skin. Sadly though, nothing has worked amazingly well for me, until now!


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - 100ml - £13.75 - John Lewis or Liz Earle online.

I wanted to give a good honest review of the cleanser, so I've waited until I've used the whole bottle to write this. I ran out literally just now and will be buying a new bottle today, because it is that good. It is gentle on my skin, doesn't sting my eyes and removes every last trace of make up and dirt from my face and neck. Some people have said that they don't like the smell, but I like it. I think it smells really fresh and clean, due to the ingredients which include rosemary, chamomile, cocoa butter and eucalyptus oil. 
Since I've used this, my skin has cleared up almost completely, apart from the odd blemish here and there, and because of this I have been able to ditch the foundations and just use a tinted moisturiser instead, as I don't need as much coverage anymore. So, even though £13.75 may be considered as expensive for a cleanser, I'm saving an awful lot on foundations which I would normally pay around the £12 mark for, and only paying £1.99 for Boots Natural Collection Tinted Moisturiser.
I was surprised at how you actually use the cleanser, as it is very different to how you would expect. Rather than wetting your skin first, you actually apply the Cleanse & Polish to dry skin, massaging it in to help lift the make up or dirt and stimulating the circulation. You then rinse one of the two muslin cloths provided in hand hot water and wring it out, then wipe this over your face to remove the cream cleanser and any make up. You then splash your face with cool water, et voila!  All very easy and quick to do. 
The only drawback I would say, is that 100ml doesn't last very long, just over a month if that, but it is designed to be a starter pack. This means I'll be repurchasing it quite a lot, but I think it is definitely worth it for such a good product that obviously works wonders, and saves me money in the long run with make up products. All in all I'd recommend this to anyone as it is designed for all skin types.


Do you swear by Liz Earle? What other products in the range would you recommend?
PS! I have a blog sale launched HERE! 


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Ooh now I'm really tempted to purchase! All of the reviews I've read have been sponsored so I was dubious; but your honest review is great :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard about this a lot! definately tempted to give it go :)

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard about this a lot and all reviews have been positive!
    I haven't used any of their products yet, but I am eager too!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this product as well!

    I've had my 100ml since August though and it is still going strong :)

    Francex x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just purchased this now! Hoping it works! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig