Thursday, October 27, 2011

SITTING PRETTY STYLES: HALLOWEEN

This week I've decided to add a twist to my Sitting Pretty Styles feature and dedicate it to Halloween. Can't believe how fast it has come round this year - crazy! I'll be away in Manchester with the boy for a relaxing few days, so won't be dressing up this year, so I thought I'd come up with some outfit ideas on here. I'm not going all out scary here. Just simple outfits with a slightly spooky nod to the night! Rather than doing a day and night look, I'm just going to do two completely different outfits with different items. 

HALLOWEEN: LOOK ONE
Think glamour puss, literally! For a sultry, sleek catwoman-esque look, I've chosen some leather look leggings and teamed them with a gorgeous lace top worn over a bandeau bra. To add some feline fun, wear a gorgeous cat mask like the one below rather than ears for a more grown up feel, and accessorise with leopard print faux fur and a clutch. I've put a statement gold cuff and simple black heels with the outfit to finish it off.


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 


HALLOWEEN: LOOK TWO
A take on the skeleton, but oh so sophisticated! I've started off with some quirky skeleton tights and teamed  them with a girly dress for a clash. I've added a gorgeous over the shoulder necklace for a gothic feel and for shoes I've chosen some chunky boots for a touch of grunge. A box clutch and armour ring add to the clash of girly and grunge, plus alternating nails in shades of red replace the fake blood and face paint to keep this Halloween look grown up and glamourous! 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 

What do you think? Another way to add a simple spooky detail is with make up and contact lenses. A deep red on the lips is perfect for a vampire look, or a bright red for a devil. Smokey eyes are perfect for Halloween. Think blacks and greys smudged out and emphasised with black winged liner and false lashes. As for the yes themselves, why not opt for coloured lens from contact lenses so you can change your eye colour completely!
What will you be dressing up as this year? Have you any fancy dress tips?




 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I think I like the cat one better, that mask is fabulous!

    Hope you have fun in Manchester :-)

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat outfit is adorable, love the cat mask you found, and the subtle leopard touches (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic, a perfect guide to a fashionista's Halloween. It's the kind of ensembles I could imagine for a Halloween party in Gossip Girl. I really love that cat mask!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these outfit ideas, and I think it's much more my thing when it comes to halloween outfit. I scare easy so fake blood and fake flesh tend to scare me! Happy Halloween! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number one is definitely my favourite, the river island top is gorgeous! Have a great time in manchester

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! This is a fab idea claire - I love the skeleton look, the beaded shoulder chain is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cat mask and bone tights are amazing :)
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lace top on the cat look and so nearly bought it but I couldn't justify £30! X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig