Sunday, October 23, 2011

COME AWAY WITH ME

Been an odd weekend for me in all honesty. I had to work yesterday, and felt really ill when I got home with a migraine. Dan came for the night, but the day was a bit depressing as I knew he was leaving this evening and I won't be seeing him for over a week now. I know it might not sound like a long time, but we generally don't go more than 3 or 4 days without seeing each other, so it feels a bit strange. I've got something to look forward to though, as a week tomorrow I'm going to stay with him in a nice hotel near Manchester to get some Christmas shopping done, so I guess its not all that bad! This is what I wore today. Nothing amazing, just a blouse I picked up in a charity shop the other day for £1.50. I wouldn't normally have bought something from George in a charity shop, but I thought it was lovely and it looks more like a vintage blouse than one from a supermarket!




Cardigan - H&M
Blouse - George via Charity Shop
Shorts - Vintage Levis via COW Manchester
Tights - George 
Boots - Topshop
Necklace - Topman
Ring - JWLRY
Nails - Nightmare by George at ASDA
Lips - Please Me by MAC

I seem to be wearing a lot of George in this outfit - not intentional! The nail polish is absolutely amazing. It's a gorgeous metallic silver that applies really nicely. I'm a bit fan of the George polishes and have quite a collection of them. They're on offer at the minute, 2 for £2.50, so I snapped up Nightmare and another in a coral shade called Love Rat. Personally I'd say they rival Barry M in terms of pigmentation and finish, though the formula is a little thinner than Barry M nail paints.
I'm off to watch X Factor and be lazy. How has your weekend been?


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Lovely outfit :) I love the cosy tights & cardie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blouse, it's gorgeous! I bought like 3 George polishes and will never buy again, they were actually shockingly bad, although it looks good on your nails... just wouldn't go opaque on me no matter how many coats I applied!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been really impressed with George nail varnishes - I've accrued quite a collection myself now, & do tend to recommend them to people as I find them just as good (if not better actually) than most other (more expensive) brands.

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that blouse - What a bargain! I've never managed to find ANYTHING in charity shops, and I swear they're loads more expensive around me these days, pah! In fact I've seen primark bits sold more than what they were in Primark!?!

    Love those boots, I've just bought some and immediately got my boyfriend to take photos of them for my blog haha - Cannae wait to post them ones!!

    You look luuuurvely, love the flicky hair x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those boots and that blouse is a find!

    Cx
    http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely blouse, what a find! I especially like the cardigan chick, that looks really cosy :) Hope you're feeling better, and just think how excited you'll be to see your boyf after a longer wait! :) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great charity shop find! I definitely wouldn't have guessed it came from George either. Hope you feel better soon :-)

    Nat x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig