Sunday, January 08, 2012

BOOTS

A few weeks back I was contacted by Deichmann shoes asking if I'd like to review some shoes. I had done this last year for this pair of Chelsea boots that I still wear now and are still in great condition, so on that basis I jumped at the chance to try out another style. I chose a pair of flat brogues but unfortunately when I've tried them on they're just not 'me' so I'm changing them for an alternative. The second pair I chose was this gorgeous pair of high leg flat boots by the brand 'Janet D'. I had a pair like this a couple of years back but they were really heavy and rubbed the back of my feet, so I sold them. I loved the style of them though and have wanted a replacement, and these are perfect. They haven't hurt my feet at all and are surprisingly light weight meaning they're really easy to wear.


Shirt - Warehouse
Dress - Primark
Tights - Primark
Necklace - Topman
Boots - c/o Deichmann
Lipstick - Show Off by Topshop

This is just one of the ways I've worn them. I've also styled them with over the knee chunky socks and a dress, and worn them for work as my uniform is all black, with leather panel leggings and a chunky knit jumper. This pair also comes in tan, which I was thinking about getting at first, but I think I'll get a lot more wear out of the black. They're great quality, and they're real leather so are really sturdy and well made. I love the buckle detail, and if you struggle with high leg boots being too slim at the top, these are great because they have an elasticated panel at the back. They remind me so much of riding boots, which I like, but I'll have to be careful not to pair them with my Barbour jacket to avoid looking like I'm going to the stables!
Please excuse my hair in todays pictures. I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards for some reason! I took some outfit photos on Friday for this post but had to sack it off as a bad job as my hair doesn't seem to be very photogenic at the moment!
What do you think of my boots? Have you ever tried any shoes from Deichmann?


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Gorgeous boots! I'm so not a boots girl, but I really want to be. These are pretty! I also love your red shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried any of their shoes but these boots are lovely and I really like how you've styled them, the black was definitely the right choice!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely boots!! And I love the pop of red under your dress :)

    thevintageheart-molly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8/1/12 19:14

    I love those boots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look lovely, so comfy but you could pair them with anything and they'd go :)
    I have a pair of black heels from Deichmann's, just plain black platforms for £20 but they's really easy to wear and the heel hasn't worn down or anything, really good quality!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. never tried deichmann myself but have always thought their designs look pretty good!

    I really like the design you went for, very versatile :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some boots like these, and it's great to see them in outfit photos! I love working out what to style them with.

    e x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig