Wednesday, January 25, 2012

HOME INSPIRATION - KITCHEN + DINING ROOM

This is my second of four Home Inspiration posts where I drool over home wares and interiors that I can't afford when I don't even have a house of my own yet! As you know, Dan and I are hoping to move in together soon, so this is just a way of documenting all the nice things I find, but share them with you at the same time. If you missed the first post on the living room, you can find it here. Now onto the kitchen and dining room!
The kitchen is a tricky one, purely because in a rental property, you get what you see and you can't really change it. I would love one of the above simple white cupboard/granite worktop combos, but sadly that probably won't be the case. I'd like a modern-ish kitchen though. As long as there are no patterned tiles or rickety cupboard doors I'll be able to live with it. However, I'll still make sure it has our own stamp on it. For a colour scheme I'd love the typical blue and white theme, so anything from tea towels and oven gloves to vintage tea cups and saucers in a blue and white theme.
If the dining room were a lead on from the kitchen or in the same room, I'd keep the blue and white theme going, but if not I think I'd just keep it fairly neutral with the odd pop of colour. I love the idea of having a simple chunky wooden dining table, with an assortment of chairs in different colours. This idea would be perfect for furnishing on a budget, as the chairs could be bought on eBay or at charity shops and car boots, then sanded and repainted. I also love the idea of having a book shelf in the room. Don't ask why! I just think it looks nice filled with things other than books like in the top right image. Maybe a display for vintage tea sets mixed in with cookery books?

Again I've put together a selection of items that I'd love to be able to but to create this look. I already have the four tea towels from H&M safely put away from when the time comes! 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

Same as last week, all the images in the mood boards were found on Pinterest, and are pinned to my home inspiration board on there if you would like to see the source! I still have invites to Pinterest if anyone would like one. Just let me know your email address and I can send you one if you like! The next Home Inspiration post will be on the bathroom so keep your eyes out for that! 
In other news, I am off all next week so I'm thinking of challenging myself to post an outfit every day for 7 days straight. Let me know if you'd like to see that!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh lovely picks :) I love looking up home inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous26/1/12 11:05

    Gorgeous! My boyfriend's just gotten a flat of his own after room-mating for years, and I'm so excited to decorate it. Your posts are great for inspiration, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These posts are so lovely! Theyre making me want my own home though and Im afraid that wont be for a while :'( I love how its a mix of modern and retro too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love home inspiration posts especially now ive moved out and ive got som much space to decorate! Its so daunting but this is a fab idea :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. I'm hopefully moving soon and have very similar taste! LOVE everything
    :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your taste in homes and homeware, such a beautiful selection of inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig