Wednesday, February 29, 2012

HOME INSPIRATION: BATHROOM

This is the last in my Home Inspiration series, and it has come at the perfect time. We have bought most things we need for a kitchen so have now started buying for the bathroom. This is more based on bathroom accessories and textiles, as obviously with renting we will get the bathroom suite that comes with the house! I'd like to think we could find a house with a bathroom that is clean, simple and modern, preferably all white or cream, just because it makes it a whole lot easier to accessorise and buy things for. To be on the safe side we've started buying quite plain, neutral things, like slate grey towels that will go with any colour.
Until I started looking at all these images, I didn't realise how many different ways there were to accessorise a bathroom, or create storage from things that aren't necessarily designed for that use. I love all the shelving units to stack towels and jars, and the wall of mirrors is so stunning and simple. I also really like the idea of hanging plain white towels hanging on ornate hooks on a plain white background. It looks so clean and fresh.
My favourite idea has to be the bookcase (above right) with wire baskets holding toilet rolles, and many other bits and bobs. It's the perfect solution for a small space where there isn't a lot of room for storage. We found a bookcase from Ikea for a great price (pictured below) and are going to do this when we eventually get somewhere, providing there is the space for it! I'd fill it with jars full of cotton buds and make up brushes. As usual all the images from above are pinned on my Home Inspiration board on Pinterest. If you'd like an invite just give me a shout!
I've put together a mood board of some items to create the look I would like in a bathroom. I'd imagine it to be very pristine and bright, with rattan and bamboo accessories, and grey accents.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

What do you think of my choices? How do you all accessorise your bathrooms? If you have missed the rest of the series I have done, here are the previous posts I have written:

Also just wanted to say a massive thank you for your comments on my shop! I've had some really good feedback and a better response than I expected, so thank you! I have a discount code valid until midnight tonight which entitles you to free shipping if you spend over £6. Just enter FREESHIP6 at the checkout. Let me know if you buy anything! It would be nice to put a face to the names!

PS. I'll be announcing the winner of my giveaway tomorrow!



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Anonymous1/3/12 17:05

    All these look so lovely! I know it varies between each seperate one you go in, but T K Maxx have some nice vintage-esque silver hooks for around £3 each. I got some & use them for necklaces ☺ They have all sorts of different ones in the shop near me, so I guess it's worth checking out ones nearby to you! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab selection of things. I always see great bathroom bits in Next Home and a few of our bathroom items are from there. I love shabby chic/vintage style things much to the delight of my boyfriend! hehe.x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig